First Capital Apartments are located near the heart of the town of St Joseph, the First Capital of The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. St. Joseph is a microcosm of the harmonious multiethnic, multicultural and cosmopolitan nation that is Trinidad and Tobago. Originally founded by Antonio de Berrío and named San José de Oruña, it served as the capital of Spanish Trinidad between 1592 and 1783. The town is situated in the foothills of the Northern Range at an elevation is between 30M (100ft) and 65M (200ft) above sea level. Being located 11kM (7mi) or twenty minute east of the present day capital city Port of Spain allows for access to not only the main Business District, but also to several Universities, Hospitals and Eco Tourism Sites and Nature Trails.
The apartments have been designed to provide energy efficient, environmentally friendly and comfortable living space with long eaves and an insulated roof. Their unique location allows for views of both the Northern Range and the Central Plains.
Each self-catering apartment provides a smoke and alcohol free environment. The units include three (3) bedrooms with private entrances and common living, dining and bathroom facilities. The arrangement is ideal for both families/small groups and single occupancies with shared facilities. Group rates, airport transfers are available upon request.
1. Parking and 24 Hour Security available. Car Rental can be arranged,
2. Fully outfitted Kitchen (Crockery, Small Appliances, Refrigerator, 4 Burner Gas Stove etc.)
3. Fully outfitted Air Conditioned Bedrooms (Furniture, All Linen, Pillows and Towels etc).
4. Free use of our Laundry and Dryer facilities
5. Free Cable TV and WIFI Internet
6. Local cell phone provided for use.
7. An outside designated smoking and relaxing area is provided.
8. All Rooms fitted with Smoke Detectors linked to a Central Fire Alarm Panel at the Security Booth.
9. Guests are greeted with a Complimentary Gift Basket filled with local treats.
10. Airport transfers are complimentary.TripAdvisor property ID 3288774...Read more
Left on 03/26/2014 for a stay in February 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Mar 26, 2014Stayed Feb 2014
We were late on booking accommodation for carnival; however came across this gem and was greatly satisfied. Management was friendly and accommodating provided transportation to and from the airport, and had self serving facilities such as a washer and dryer for those J'ouvert moments. Would recommend this place for any future guest.
Left on 03/26/2014 for a stay in February 2014 | ShaneReviewed Mar 26, 2014Stayed Feb 2014
Some friends and I stayed here during our visit to Trinidad for Carnival 2014. I would have to say this is a decent place to stay, the owners were very welcoming and accommodating. The apartment was very well maintained, each unit has access from outside and we felt secure and comfortable.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.