Perched among extensive grounds, Villa Polimnia has 360 degree panoramic views perfect for viewing the sunrise and sunset over the Sangiovese vineyards of Southern Tuscany below. Polimnia welcomes family reunions and groups of friends with its warm, luxury suites and rich decor. Guests will experience unparalleled service, amenities, peace, and relaxation.
- King bedroom with four poster canopy bed with sitting area, walk-in closet, en suite bathroom with double sinks, tub and separate stall shower
- Private terrace access
- Single bedroom with large single bed and en suite bathroom with stall shower
- Master king bedroom with four poster bed, sitting area with desk, walk-in closet, en suite bathroom with double sinks, tub and separate stall shower
- King bedroom with four poster bed, sitting area, en suite bathroom with double sinks, tub and separate stall shower
- Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Entrance hall leads into spacious living room with large fireplace, vaulted wood beamed ceiling and exposed natural stone wall
- Neutral earth tones are enlivened with touches of orange and printed armchairs
- French doors open onto the terrace
- Library/game room has a long L-shaped sofa with ample seating
- Dining room with dining table with seating for 9 guests has floor to ceiling windows and is filled with natural light
- Fully equipped kitchen has stainless steel appliances and farm sink
- Laundry room
- Powder room
- Living room with fireplace, full bathroom with shower, and fully equipped kitchenette
- Living room opens onto outdoor pergola-shaded seating area
- Well-manicured, sloping lawns, gardens, groves of trees and Tuscan vegetation surround Villa Polimnia
- Natural stone patios off of the main house and pool house are furnished with dining tables, cushioned couches and chairs, umbrellas, and wooden pergolas
- Rectangular heated swimming pool with panoramic view overlooks the majestic countryside
- Wood burning pizza oven
- Private tennis court
Villa Polimnia is the perfect retreat for sophisticated travelers seeking peaceful relaxation surrounded by postcard perfect views. The estate provides excellent, hotel grade services and amenities including spa, culinary school, restaurants, winery, fitness center, tennis courts, hiking and biking trails, horseback riding, golf, and extensive gardens.
All Italian villa rentals are for 7 nights, beginning and ending on Saturdays, unless otherwise noted.
- Electricity, A/C, heating, water, and final cleaning included
- Daily morning housekeeping service for 2 hours
- Additional housekeeping: 50 Euro per hour
- Daily turndown service
- Newspaper and pastry basket delivered daily
- Welcome Tuscan groceries upon arrival
- Welcome buffet dinner (on a 7-night stay)
- HB supplement available on premises: 50 Euro per person; a la carte menu for children under 12 years old
- Chef services available up on request
- Free use of sauna and steam bath at estate spa, fitness center, bocce, and tennis courts
- Spa services available at estate spa
- Spa menu for in-villa treatments available
- Gardener service included
- WiFi included
- Children welcome
- Kids club on the estate
- Babysitter service available upon request
- Pets permitted
- No smoking villa
- City Tax: 1 Euro per person per day for a maximum of 4 days - Children up to 12 years old are exempt
What to do near Montalcino?
While other parts of Tuscany have developed industries that have done much for the economy but little for the landscape, the "Crete Senesi" area and the neighboring "Val d'Orcia" have largely remained true to their early agricultural vocation. Today this means local products of outstanding quality, made with traditional methods and skills that are handed down from generation to generation. The best-known of these are Montalcino's distinguished Brunello red wine and the Vino Nobile of Montepulciano, both of which are the perfect complement to dishes based on the wild game of the area: pheasant, quail, hare, and wild boar. Likewise, the Pecorino cheeses made with ewe's milk from the Pienza pastures are now in great demand. One of the best food stores in the Pienza area is La Cornucopia (2 Piazza Martiri della Liberta) where you can find sweets, honey and cheeses.
While visiting the famous wine producing town of Montalcino and the artistic jewel of Pienza, you will be fascinated by their charm and history. Montalcino has a wealth of superb paintings and sculptures that make its beautifully renovated museum such a remarkable attraction. Pienza's beauty was used as a backdrop to Franco Zeffirelli's masterpiece: "Romeo and Juliet".
Additional amenities include: security system, coffee maker, pergola, bath tub, video and board games, helipad, bocce, tennis court, chef services, mini bar, shower, and tennis courts, wood-fired pizza oven, ipod dock, free use of sauna and steam bath at estate spa, ice maker....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.