Centrally located in Cartmel to take advantage of the races, Priory and award wining restaurants, this luxury cottage is sure to appeal to the discerning client. The cottage has been lovingly restored mixing effortlessly traditional features with all modern day comforts. All in all a home from home for families or groups of friends in which to relax and unwind.
Devonshire House is ideally located, within 60 yards are the famous Cartmel Priory, Simon Rogans Wine Bar and Restaurant and a few minutes walk from his 2* Michellin awarded L’Enclume Restaurant. Cartmel has a wealth of amenities with four pubs, several café’s and the famous Cartmel village store and the recently opened ‘Unsworths Yard’ which has several local food shops and a monthly ‘farmers food market’. Cartmel is noted for its races which are within a five minute walk of the cottage and add both the racing fraternity and carnival atmosphere to the village.
Devonshire House has been refurbished to exacting standards to provide for your every need which is sure to appeal to the discerning client, who will appreciate the high standard of comfort and luxuriously appointed furnishings on offer. The three storey period property has been lovingly restored retaining a wealth of features together with a mixture of contemporary and stylish eclectic furnishings and accessories which blend together to provide a superb holiday home. The cottage has a welcoming and relaxing ambiance from the moment you step in from the village square into the hallway which leads to the beamed living room and luxurious kitchen.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
* Open plan, spacious, heavily beamed living room, with polished under floor heated oak flooring, under a low beamed ceiling with easy seating around an electric flame effect fire, flat screen TV/video/DVD player and pleasant outlook to the nearby Priory.
* The living area opens out to the dining room with a table and leather chairs,
* Leading to a luxuriously appointed kitchen including granite worksurfaces and centre island unit equipped with electric Range cooker and six burner gas hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, coffee cafetier and access to the walled patio garden area.
* An impressive oak staircase with narrow treads leads to the first floor:
* Two double bedrooms with views over the square to the Priory, one with an en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
* The rear ‘childrens bedroom’ has two single beds, please note this room is only suited to children.
* Well equipped bathroom including shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* Second floor: Provides a superb master bedroom suite with king size bed, seating area and wall mounted plasma TV and window seat with outlook to the Priory.
* Superb bathroom with prime example of cruick beams, free standing roll top bath with shower attachment, hand basin and WC.
* All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
* Cot and highchair available to be hired from Windermere office
* Private parking for 1 car by the entrance with further on street parking available in the village.
* Patio garden with garden furniture and access down the lane to the river.
* *£300 premium for bookings on race days.
* Please note this property will not sleep 8 adults, the maximum is 6 adults plus 2 children.
CLICK HERE to see all our luxury Lake District cottages
Additional amenities include: october half term availability, new cottages, 5* cottages, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, no. bathrooms: 3, larger cottages to sleep 8+, sleeps 8, bedrooms 4: 1, price r from £750 pw, christmas and new year availability, bathrooms 3: 1, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, total number of beds for single sex groups ie double, twin, single, bunk: 5, pets no, south lakes, summer school holidays, no. bedrooms: 4, star grading: 5*, double beds: 3, pub within walking distance, twin bedrooms: 1, changeover friday, may half term availability, lakes cottage holiday 5*....Read more
Left on 02/21/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | ClareReviewed Feb 21, 2013Stayed Feb 2013
Perfect cottage for a long weekend with my family for my 30th birthday. We dined at L'Enclume and found the food to be wonderful. There is also a great selection of pubs within walking distance (don't eat at the Kings arms - food was terrible) and the racecourse is a short walk too. We took advantage of using the Netherwood Hotel for a swim (free to residents of the cottage) to balance the food and drink we had consumed! Great weekend, and a memory that will stay with me forever.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.