With exquisite surroundings and natural wonders that are easy to access, Venezuela is an excellent place to visit for an exciting yet relaxing getaway. There are a number of museums in Venezuela, historical, and architectural sites to take in, and plenty of dining, entertainment, and shopping opportunities. Venezuela also boats the Teleferico, the highest and longest cable car in the world, which provides amazing vantages of the landscape. Outdoor enthusiasts looking for adventure will have no problem finding great biking, climbing, rafting, and trekking in Venezuela. For those who are active during the evening hours, Venezuela nightlife offers plenty of options too!
Some of the sights you will definitely want to see include:
- Angel Falls: Located at Canaima National Park in Guayana, this natural water wonder has a height of over 975 meters and is exquisite to behold firsthand.
- Margarita Island: This island's natural surroundings include beautiful beaches and lush forests. Margarita Island is a great place to enjoy hiking, swimming, scuba diving, and trekking.
- Cueva del Guacharo: Situated just outside of Caripe, this area is considered Venezuela's largest cave. People are allowed to enter Cueva and once inside will encounter a river as well as a variety of interesting insects and animals.
- Museo Bolivariano: Located in Caracas, this is a historic site that showcases collections of items that are critical to Venezuela's history. Among the materials to view at this museum are artifacts that relate to the country's independence.
- Gran Roque: The Archipelago Los Roques maintains a total population of just 1,000 people. While you are here, be sure to explore the village's brightly colored settlements and lighthouses.
- The Church of San Francisco: For any travelers interested in seeing the country's holy sites, this church is one attraction you will not want to miss. The church is most famous for its beautiful Baroque altars.
Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time in this incredible country, whether you are on a family vacation, a Venezuela honeymoon, or a trip with a large group of friends.