With gorgeous ocean views, a pet-friendly attitude, and all the comforts of home, this lovely house in Waldport has all the makings of a truly wonderful vacation experience.
Located in the Sandpiper Village neighborhood, this home is less than a mile from easy beach access. The shores here in Waldport are known for their great beachcombing, tidepool-hunting, and occasional whale-watching, and elsewhere in town you can also go fishing, clamming, crabbing, and boating. There are restaurants and shops in town, though you won't want to miss out on a 15-mile trip north to the bustling Newport and its well-known Oregon Coast Aquarium and huge variety of eateries.
With one bedroom and a loft bedroom plus two bathrooms spread out over two levels, this house has plenty of space for six guests. Take a seat in the sunken living area and relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace. or sit at the dining room table and build a puzzle or chat with loved ones. Ocean views are visible throughout the house.
With a full kitchen, it will be easy to whip up tasty and filling meals before heading out to the beach. At night, curl up in the bedroom or in the loft, both of which have queen-size beds - or sleep on the additional futon. Sleeping up to six, this home will be perfect for a small family getaway or a memorable trip with some close friends. You can even bring up to two dogs with you, though an additional pet fee applies.
Boasting amenities including WiFi, cable TV, a DVD player, and a washer/dryer, you'll feel right at home here. Outside is a lovely deck, and you can even use the grill to cook up some fresh seafood.
Bring your loved ones to this cozy house to experience the best of the Central Oregon Coast! Whether you want to spend most of your time strolling the coastline, touring around nearby towns, or simply relaxing in the living room while a fire crackles in the hearth, this home has everything to make your vacation comfortable and happy.
Book this fantastic ocean-view, pet-friendly house in Waldport and start looking forward to your well-earned beach getaway!
Nightly rent rates were accurate when we last updated this page, but please contact Vacasa for a detailed price including taxes & fees.
For live price quotes, availability, and secure booking, you may also visit:
When calling Vacasa, you may reference Property ID#: 989
Additional amenities include: cable / satellite TV, washer / dryer.TripAdvisor property ID 2455038...Read more
Left on 06/13/2014 for a stay in June 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jun 13, 2014Stayed Jun 2014
I picked Sandpiper's Nest because it was very close to my Oregon destination - my dad's home, 1 mile away. The rate was good, the customer service from the rental company was awesome, although they are only available during normal business hours.
First the PROS:
1) The kitchen is GREAT, with newer appliances, loads of cookware & utensils. You could cook anything there. Except for crab. There's a note on the fridge saying "Please don't cook crab, it stinks up the place." I'm paraphrasing.
2) The two bathrooms are GREAT! The one-piece shower stalls are über-clean, the water is hot, the towels are good, and there are heated air blowers in the ceilings for chilly mornings. I stayed in June, but I still used them!
3) The exterior of the house is very attractive. The deck is HUGE and wraps around three fourths of the home, allowing views of great big pine trees, the beach and the Pacific Ocean.
4) There's a piano, a chess set, internet, TV's with movie channels, washer/dryer.
Now the CONS (sorry for 100% honesty):
1) The decor is "tired old beach house." There, I said it. The wall art is spartan and old. There's a clock above the kitchen sink that has tabs of duct tape around the edges. The clock frame clearly did not want to stay here.
2) The living room has a pit with a built-in sofa that is just not comfortable for large people, whether seated or laying down. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds. I am not huge, but I could not get comfortable here, despite the plethora of decorative pillows.
3) The upstairs bed & futon are probably full beds, not queens. We did not sleep here, so I cannot judge the comfort level.
4) The master bed is in fact a queen, but it's very soft and it does not offer much support while sleeping. Same goes for the pillows here - too soft and beaten down.
5) The staircase to the loft is a squarish spiral with triangular steps - definitely not your normal staircase. I think that the home owners should include photos of this staircase so that people can see ahead of time what they'll have to navigate. I'm 49 and relatively athletic, but it was still a weird climb.
6) The place had a slightly-musty, closed-up house smell every time we entered. To complicate this, some of the windows have hand-written signs "Do not open. The windows do not close properly." Again, I am paraphrasing.
7) There was some recent deck work, which included a screw sticking up through one of the boards, about 1/4" I stepped on this screw, and it hurt a lot. I put a plastic chair over the offending point for the duration of my stay.
Conclusion: not a bad place to stay, but it could be better.
If this was my property, I would spice it up a little. I'd replace the built-in living room sofa with a huge, comfortable sectional. I'd replace the small flat screens with a huge screen, worthy of today's movies. I'd replace mattresses every decade and I'd buy new bedding every 2 years. Since no one's going to steal the artwork, I would decorate the walls and surfaces as if I lived there year round. There's so much local craftwork to choose from - maybe some of it could be sold off your walls!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.