Large studio apt in great DC neighborhood; Bus to Downtown & The Mall
The Bird House is a delightful first floor private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This tastefully decorated studio is newly furnished with a queen bed and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
The studio has its own patio where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city.
We provide a detailed 10-page Welcome Guide upon confirmation of your reservation with helpful details about your apartment, neighborhood and Washington to ensure that you get the most out of your visit.
Free street parking space 1/4 block away
On-site parking space available for $10 per night (subject to availability)
Full kitchen with dishwasher.
* Private entrance and screened patio.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in the studio.
* WIFI, HDTV with full cable.
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block. 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), wine shop, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O; Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse. 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
* DC has limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and 21 Smithsonian museums. It’s also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website at Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
If you have a car, we provide an off-street parking space. If you don't have a car and need one, try Zipcar or Car2Go car shares; Uber taxi; or regular taxis.
Karen – “My husband and I stayed in the Birdhouse for a week long getaway. We enjoyed the quiet and picturesque location of this apartment. The bus and subway system were easy and convenient to navigate from there. I was very impressed with the communication we received from Charlotte and the host prior and during our visit. We felt very well taken care of and comfortable in our home away from home.”--May 2013
Gregory – “The Bird House was great! It is close to everything you need, yet far enough away to feel comfortable and at home. Mattias was helpful and a fantastic host. Any time we had a question we sent him a text and soon we had an answer or help. Any time we wanted to see museums, take a tour, go to the flea market,
Additional amenities include: close to town, walk to bus to dwntwn, nearby ups store, tennis, walk to great take-away, kennedy center for performing ar, theater, walk to supermarket, walk to pharmacy, the washington ballet, outlet shopping, nearby dry cleaners, nearby grocery, convertible sofa, walk to farmer's market, cookware, nearby post office, outdoor seating, walk to park & recreation center, washer & dryer, ironing board, transit to public aquatic center, ice maker, hike to fletcher's boat house, dishes & utensils, iron & board, 21 smithsonian museums, coffee maker, nearby bank, nearby internet cafe, washington national opera, no phone, nearby medical services, walk to shops, work space, walk to starbucks, walk to yoga classes, symphony orchestra, nearby atm, walk to restaurants, cafes, bike to capitol crescent trail.TripAdvisor property ID 2559465...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.