Great DC neighborhood: walk to cafes & groc, bus to mall & dntn
The Palisades Plush is a delightful ground-floor private 1-bedroom apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This apartment was recently gutted and renovated so everything is new. It has a queen bed in the bedroom and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 4 guests. Features include full kitchen with dishwasher, newly renovated bath with oversized shower, new front-loading washer and dryer in your unit. There is a sitting area with sofa and easy chair with ottoman facing a wall mounted flat screen HDTV. In the open area you will find a large dining table for 4 with new white leather chairs. You have private off-street parking just steps away from your entrance and outdoor seating in the front of the building on the shared porch and patio where you can relax after a day of sightseeing.
We provide a detailed 10-page Welcome Guide upon confirmation of your reservation with helpful details about your apartment, neighborhood and Washington to ensure that you get the most out of your visit.
* Private off-street parking space ($10/night).
* Full kitchen.
* Private entrance.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in studio.
* WIFI and HDTV with full cable.
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
* 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), wine shop, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O; Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
* Limitless free cultural options in Washington, DC. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and 21 Smithsonian museums. It’s also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and lovely neighborhoods in DC! For information on public transit please visit the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's website Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
Free street parking space 1/4 block away
On-site parking space available for $10 per night (subject to availability)
. If you don't have a car and need one, try Zipcar or Car2Go car shares; Uber taxi; or regular taxis.
Additional amenities include: coffee maker, nearby bank, nearby internet cafe, ice maker, nearby grocery, dishes & utensils, nearby post office, nearby atm, sleep sofa /futon, washer & dryer, ironing board.TripAdvisor property ID 2559420...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.