About Pigeon Forge
Southern hospitality, beautiful terrain, and a lively, upbeat charm imbue Pigeon Forge, TN. The city is situated in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and is renowned for its appreciation of music and various forms of entertainment. From Elvis impersonators to Dollywood, live music shows and a number of great local theaters, Pigeon Forge has something for everyone. There are also plenty of restaurants, shopping, culture, and recreational opportunities.
Some of the sights you will want to see include:
- The Black Bear Jamboree Dinner & Show: This show features music from the 1950's to '70s and Southern-style chicken dining. It is a perfect night out on the town for families. Featured shows change throughout the year, ranging from comedy performances to holiday specials and more.
- Dollywood: Spanning over 125 acres and nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, this theme park is based around the beloved southern belle Dolly Parton. It includes a variety of amusement park rides, fun dining, and shopping venues scattered throughout the establishment. Home to some of the South's largest festivals, Dollywood is the perfect place to bring the entire family, as it caters to both children and adults alike.
- The Elvis Presley Museum: Upon Elvis' death in 1977, a handful of Elvis enthusiasts collected their memorabilia and created the first-ever Elvis Presley Museum. Today, it is known as the "The World's Largest Collection of Elvis Memorabilia," displaying cars, jewelry, and clothing that once belonged to the King of Rock himself.
- Titanic Museum Pigeon Forge: Situated in the Great Smoky Mountains, the world's largest Titanic museum features a self-guided tour and an interactive, hands-on experience for all ages. Some of the highlights include walking the Grand Staircase, touching an iceberg's frozen surface, and viewing the ship's wreck site via amazing underwater camera footage. Everyone can agree that the Titanic Museum Pigeon Forge is an experience you will not want to miss.
- Pigeon Forge Shopping: The city has over 200 stores to shop in for clothes, china, handmade crafts, and more. There is also the Incredible Christmas Place, the largest Christmas village in the South, and the Belz Outlets, which features over 85 name-brand stores.
- WonderWorks: As a major attraction in Pigeon Forge, this indoor interactive amusement park has more than 100 exhibits to ignite the imagination. During the warmer months, Pigeon Forge water parks are also a big hit with families.
The Smoky Mountains can become your backyard while staying in a vacation rental. You can make yourself at home in a lakeside cabin or in a condo downtown with all the modern amenities you need. After a long day of sightseeing, watch the sunset from your back porch then relax in a hot tub under a starry sky. Many visitors prefer to have this at-home experience instead of pitching a tent at Pigeon Forge campgrounds.