As one of the most popular family vacation destinations on the south Florida coast, Venice draws visitors every summer from all over. Its postcard perfect white sand beaches, exciting water parks, and world class shopping and dining venues offer fun activities for everyone. Come here to get away from the bustle of everyday life, explore the natural world, and make some lasting memories.
Go hiking, biking or horseback riding along the trails of the Myakka River State Park. Spend an afternoon strolling through the luxury shopping districts around South Venice and Venice Gardens. In the evening as the sun goes down, relax on the outdoor terrace of an elegant bistro overlooking Robert's Bay. And then stay up late listening to live music and experiencing the energetic nightspots along Laguna Drive.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Look for shark's teeth: Casperson Beach is an unusually easy place to find the discarded teeth of the shark species that live near the Florida coast.
- Go dolphin watching: Dolphins can often be seen from the shore in Venice, arching up from the water and playing in the waves. You can also take a boat trip out to them for a close encounter.
- Play on the beach: Swim, surf, go parasailing or snorkeling, or just relax in the sun with a cool drink and a good book.
- Take a charter fishing trip: Fishing trips leave the harbor on a daily basis. Schedule an excursion and head into the deeper water for marlin and other game species.
- Play a round of golf: The emerald green champion caliber golf courses around the Venice area are legendary. Try the Pelican Pointe or Jacaranda West Country Clubs.
- Relax in the spa: After a day of surfing the waves, sightseeing and shopping, spend an afternoon in total relaxation, receiving some head to toe pampering a luxury spa.
You'll have no trouble finding fun, exciting and relaxing things to do in Venice. And no matter what time of year you arrive here, it's easy to find a place to stay. Book the perfect vacation rental that offers everything you and your family need. Find a luxurious ocean villa within a few steps of the beach, or book a stylish condo rental downtown.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.