Nestled next to the breathtaking Blue Mountains' World Heritage National Park, Poet's Cottage offers relaxing tranquility.
This 104-year-old cottage provides elegant Blue Mountains accommodation in the heart of Wentworth Falls, just an hour and a half out of Sydney.
For a romantic getaway of simple elegance and comfort, spoil yourself and enjoy all the Blue Mountains has to offer.
The stylishly restored cottage offers chic living amidst the peace and quiet of old world charm. Self-contained, with plenty of pampering comforts, the cottage offers an open-plan lounge and dining area, with a new kitchen and two bathrooms. Snuggle up in the three bedrooms with queen bed, double bed, one kind single and two single beds.
Watch honeyeaters sip flower nectar from your large entertainment deck, or wander through the vast garden before enjoying the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park, which backs onto your back gate. Then return to the cottage for a pampering spa.
Poet's Cottage is perfect for couples, families, business travelers and nature and bird lovers. We would like for you to experience our little piece of heaven.
• Free unlimited Wi-Fi
• New 32" full HD LCD LED Smart TV
• Newly renovated and restored original cottage on 1555 sq m property
• The garden adjoins the Blue Mountains World Heritage National Park and bush walking tracks
• Short walk to the Conservation Hut Cafe and Valley of the Waters
• 3-minute drive to Wentworth Falls Village and Shops
• 5-minute drive to Leura Village and Shops
• 3 bedrooms - up to 7 guests
• 1 new Laura Ashley queen bed, 1 new Laura Ashley double bed, 1 antique oak king single bed, 2 new single beds and a port-a-cot
• Warm and cosy central gas heating throughout
• Original Kauri pine fireplace (ornamental due to being in bedroom)
• Fully equipped kitchen with microwave and new dishwasher
• Polished Australian Spotted-Gum timber floors, sliding French doors and antique stain-glass windows in open-plan lounge and dining room
• Original polished Baltic Pine floorboards in bedrooms and kitchen
• New main bathroom with separate shower, toilet and luxury spa bath
• New separate second bathroom with toilet, shower and laundry facilities
• Boutique bathroom amenities
• iPod dock, VHS, DVD, CD player, radio
• Portable fans x4
• Spotted-Gum timber verandah overlooking front garden with lovebird timber garden seat for two
• Outdoor recreational large Merbau timber deck with two sling-back beach chairs, matching table, six antique timber white chairs and a round metal table with seating for four
• The deck faces West and is the ideal location for relaxing with a glass of champagne and viewing the sunset.
• Guests are refrained from smoking indoors and in the garden due to the cottage's proximity to native bushland
• We regret that pets cannot be accommodated
• In Autumn and Winter (May to November) warm outdoor clothing is advisable. Temperatures can be up to 10 degrees cooler than Sydney temperatures.TripAdvisor property ID 3383787...Read more
Left on 04/21/2014 for a stay in April 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Apr 21, 2014Stayed Apr 2014
Spent the weekend at Poet's cottage with a group of friends. It is a beautiful house that has plenty of beds and two showers/toilets which is great for groups. It would also be perfect for a family/couple. The house is located not far from the amazing Wentworth Falls and conservation hut. It is also only a 5 minute drive to Leura. The house is very modern and was spotless. It would be perfect in Summer as it has a lovely deck out the back but would also be perfect in Winter as it has central heating. The house is located in a quiet street and you can access the National Park to go for a bushwalk straight from the backyard. Sophia the house owner is lovely and very approachable if need to call. She was more than happy to recommend a nice place for dinner and some things to do. The house would be suitable for the Elderly and people with a disability as there are only a couple of steps to access the house and the main bathroom has a lot of space to manoeuvre a frame etc. if needed.
Left on 03/09/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Mar 9, 2013Stayed Feb 2013
We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the house it was very relaxing. The garden is so naturally beautiful and my grand-daughters had fun exploring it. The house is spacious and luxurious and full of surprises. From the outside it looks humble compared with the grandness of the surrounding nature but inside it's like an open shell where a bright gleaming pearl is waiting. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the spa was just what we needed after exhausting walks through the forests and waterfalls of the beautiful national park. We didn't want to leave! We'll definitely be back.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.