West Dennis is known for its wide range of historical attractions, art galleries, and festivals that celebrate the diversity and beauty of the area. Enjoy the water attractions and sports centered along Sesuit Harbor, try fresh New England seafood at one of the fine restaurants along Main Street, or sample some of the best art in the area at the galleries along Route 6A.
Be sure to save time for these must see attractions and activities as well:
- Cape Cod Museum of Art: The gallery features a regularly rotating display of work from artists throughout Cape Cod.
- Cape Playhouse Center for the Arts: Known as the oldest professional summer theater in the country, some of the best actors in the region convene here to put on performances of classic American plays.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail: Grab your bike and ride along this 22 mile trail that follows the path of an old railroad bed and goes through several towns.
- Go Deep Sea Fishing: Rent equipment or hire a boat for the day and try to catch the wide range of fish found in the waters of West Dennis.
- Go to the Beach: West Dennis Beach and Mayflower Beach are two of the most popular places for locals to soak up the sun during the warmer months.
- Scargo Hill: Climb to the top of the hill for a great panoramic view of Cape Cod.
Although there are plenty of events and festivals to enjoy just outside of Dennis year-round, the two main events in the village itself are held during the summer. Watch some of the best windsurfers in the area ride the waves during Windfest in mid-June, or sample the plays, poetry and music of the area during the Eventide Art Festival, which also takes place in June.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in West Dennis. With homes ranging from condos just steps from the beach, to luxury villas with high-end amenities and all the creature comforts of home, there's a property available to help you get the most out of your time on Cape Cod.
There's plenty to do in West Dennis for a vacation, but the town also serves as a base for exploring some of the other popular spots along the Cape. Drive 20 minutes to the souvenir shops and fine restaurants of Hyannis, or travel an hour east to stroll the cobblestone streets and experience the vibrant nightlife of Provincetown.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.