Nestled right along the Pacific Ocean, the charming town of Westport, Washington has long been regarded as a great vacation getaway for families visiting the Pacific Northwest. With beautiful harbor views, some of the best seafood restaurants in the state and plenty of beach activities like surfing and scuba diving, all the ingredients for a fun and relaxing trip are right at your fingertips. Spend some time strolling the shops on Montesano Street or head to Westhaven Drive to watch the local fishermen bring in their catch for the day and enjoy the picturesque marina views.
While you're in Westport, be sure to make time for some of these must-see attractions and activities as well:
- Go crabbing: Both the Westport and Tokeland marinas are great for Dungeness crab fishing, and you can find many local shops in town that sell bait and rent crab pots.
- Furford Cranberry Museum: Learn more about cranberries and harvest procedures at this popular local attraction.
- Westport Maritime Museum: In addition to regular exhibitions about the aquatic history of the town, there are two "whale houses" next to the main building with sea mammal skeletons on display.
- Grays Harbor Lighthouse: The lighthouse is the tallest in Washington and is now known as an American Historical Site.
- John's River Wildlife Area: Charter a boat and go trout fishing, or spend the day searching for elk in the lowlands.
- Dune Trail: Go for a walk or bike ride along this two-mile trail that starts at the dock area and leads directly to the lighthouse.
Whether you want a luxurious condo with harbor views, a rustic cabin in one of the more remote parts of town, or a vacation rental just steps from the local beaches, there's a property in Westport that's perfect for you.
With events ranging from culinary feasts to huge outdoor festivals, there's something for every type of traveler in Westport. Enjoy local crafts while you dine on fresh fish at the Annual Seafood Festival and Craft Show in September, celebrate the harvesting of the cranberries during the Cranberry Harvest Festival in October, or watch local pros ride the waves during the Annual Clean Water Classic Surfing Contest in May.
There's plenty to do in Westport alone, but there are also big cities nearby if you wish to explore other parts of the region, even if it's just for a day trip. The park-filled city of Olympia is about 30 minutes away by car, while the bustling metropolis of Seattle can be reached within two hours.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.