LOCATION. Aria was skillfully carved out of the tropical forest on Ajax Mountain in 1997 (Coral Bay - Northern Hillside). This very private and very romantic 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa is part of a 4-villa gated neighborhood. To the east and south are beautiful sweeping views of turquoise seas, blazing sunrises, Bordeaux Mountain, Coral Bay, and the British Virgin Islands. On the other 2 sides of this villa the natural, tropical environment was carefully preserved, thus giving Aria excellent privacy and the essence of a quiet, cozy mountain hideaway. The warm waters and white sands of the National Park beaches at Maho Bay and Francis Bay are an 4-5minute drive. Cruz Bay is a 15- 20 minute drive and the restaurants and bars of the unique town of Coral Bay are a 5 – 10 minute drive.
DESIGN. Aria is an environmentally sensitive home that was designed and built to be very much in harmony with its peaceful, natural surroundings. You park on the upper level and enter into the great room. One master bedroom/bath plus a tiled deck are also on the upper level. An exterior spiral staircase leads to the lower level with the second bedroom, plus the pool and sundeck.
Your view to the east includes Coral Bay, Hurricane Hole, the east end of St. John, and the British Virgin Islands
The view from the pool deck
Aria, viewed from the pool level
Your view from the pool
Relax on your pool deck - is it time for a swim?
LIVING/DINING.The living room seats 4 on a daybed and 3 chairs. The view from the living or dining areas through screened sliding glass doors is superb. You will also enjoy the entertainment package, with a 21' flat screen TV/DVD with an Alpha star satellite dish, DSL internet, and a stereo/cassette/CD with wall mounted KLM speakers.
There is dining for six at the interior cherry table, or dine outside on the upper deck at the table for four.
The view from the living area
The great room
Dining with a fantastic view
KITCHEN. White tiled floors, white walls and white countertops contrast nicely with the beautiful custom built teak mahogany cabinets in the kitchen. The crisp, clean kitchen includes a 4 burner stove/oven, dishwasher, refrig/freezer, double ceramic sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, gas grill and telephone. A washer/dryer is off the lower bedroom.
BEDROOMS. The two master bedrooms, both with king beds, air conditioning and tiled baths, are on different levels of the house to insure maximum privacy. The lower bedroom is accessed by exterior stairs. Screened sliding glass doors on both bedrooms offer lovely views and both bedrooms open to a deck. The lower bedroom also contains a small refrigerator and a telephone.
The upper level bedroom
The pool deck bedroom
The pillow view from the pool deck bedroom
CARIBBEAN VILLAS COMMENTS. The serene, natural and very private setting of Aria is just as private in 2014 as it was in 1997 when it was built. This delightful tan anywhere privacy, its spectacular views, and its pool and sun deck, and a cozy, relaxing interior make this villa an ideal romantic hideaway for one or two couples. Aria is also recommended for small families.
Aria is centrally located. It is a 5 minute drive to beautiful Maho Bay and a 10-15 minute drive to the other National Park beaches; a 10 minute drive to Coral Bay and a 15-20 minute drive to Cruz Bay where you can enjoy the local bars, restaurants, grocery stores and shops of both locations. For those who wish to be surrounded by St John's fabled natural beauty and peaceful tranquility, but don't wish to give up the comfort of a spotlessly clean, air conditioned modern villa, we think that you will love Aria. If you're interested in this location but Aria is unavailable, take a look at its 2-bedroom neighbor, Bayview.
DISTANCE TO. Cruz Bay (town): 6 miles; Coral Bay: 2 miles; Restaurant: 1 mile; National Park beaches: 1-2 miles; Grocery store: 2 miles.
Time to relax in your private hot tub!
* Thanks so much for all your help setting up our first vacation stay on St. John, we had stayed on St. Thomas the last 7 years and only visited St. John for day trips but always wanted to find a way to stay on the island. Aria was perfect for us in every way and after I got used to the driving my wife and I ended up hiking and swimming all over the island. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second in recommending Aria and Caribbean Villas, you and Robert did an excellent job. My only regret is how quickly the time went by. I will definitely be considering returning to Aria next year around the same time period and will be keeping you in mind when the time comes!
* The villa was outstanding and we had a very enjoyable vacation!
* We were so delighted with Aria! It has fabulous views, was immaculate and was just the perfect size home for our honeymoon! We took a liking to the Coral Bay side of the island so the location of Aria was perfect!!
* Aria was everything we hoped it would be and more! Everthing we needed was there and we could not have been happier with the location, view, pool, privacy etc!! Thank you!
* We had a wonderful trip! The Villa was awesome the view spectacular. We really enjoyed the island and the beeches!
We are already talking about another trip!!
* The service from Caribbean Villas was great. The rental process was clear, simple and easy. In addition it was wonderful to have Bonnie meet us. Aria Villa was everything that I had hoped for in a vacation rental. It was clean and had all the necessities availed that we might need during our stay. Everything was in good working condition. The privacy is wonderful. But, there is something that really sets Aria apart and that is THE VIEW! The sun rising over Coral Bay is beautiful and the light in the evening over the bay gorgeous. Sitting in the hot tub and seeing the millions of stars was pretty incredible too!
Thanks for a great vacation. We already have friends interested in renting Aria from seeing our pictures. We will very likely rent from Caribbean Villas again!
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T; is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T; we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T; cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T; and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you
Aria was skillfully carved out of the tropical forest on Ajax Mountain in 1997 (Coral Bay - Northern Hillside). This very private and very romantic 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa is part of a 4-villa gated neighborhood. To the east and south are beautiful sweeping views of turquoise seas, blazing sunrises, Bordeaux Mountain, Coral Bay, and the British Virgin Islands. On the other 2 sides of this villa the natural, tropical environment was carefully preserved, thus giving Aria excellent privacy and the essence of a quiet, cozy mountain hideaway. The warm waters and white sands of the National Park beaches at Maho Bay and Francis Bay are an 4-5minute drive. Cruz Bay is a 15- 20 minute drive and the restaurants and bars of the unique town of Coral Bay are a 5 – 10 minute drive.
Last updated on March 26, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
318,988 other World rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.