* The bedroom has a king bed, two nightstands, a ceiling fan, a chest of drawers and lamps that are equipped with outlets for charging phones and accessories. Off the bedroom there is a small private sundeck that has two chaise loungers, tea table, two chairs and a 30" dining table.
* Included in the master bedroom is a 32” flat screen TV with Innovative Cable, as well as an iHome clock radio with an iPod & iPhone compatible charger, and CD player. In the large closet there is a safe, an ironing board and iron, and luggage racks.
* The granite and cherry bathroom has plenty of fresh towels, hand towels, wash cloths, and soft beach towels. There is a large shower complete with a towel bar to hang your swimsuits. No need to bring a hairdryer. Buena Vida is also equipped with a full size Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer in the front hall.
The master bedroom
The master bedroom
The tiled bath has granite counters and cherry cabinets
Caribbean Villas Comments. This top floor Penthouse unit is the tops. Here’s why we like it:
* The location - less than a 5 minute walk from the dock means you can be unpacked and enjoying a Piña Colada in no time, either on your deck, or at the Beach Bar or the Banana Deck!
* For entertainment - a 46” and a 32” flat screen TV, Blu Ray, plus wireless internet and iPod connectivity.
* Located in the front row of Grande Bay - this gives an unobstructed and delightful view of the harbor, plus beautiful sunsets and St Thomas in the west and St John’s sparkling lights at night in the east.
* It’s a Penthouse, and this penthouse design is more like a private villa than a condo unit, with vaulted ceilings plus decks and verandas on three sides of the interior living space.
* There are only a few Penthouse units at Grande Bay, and Buena Vida is a corner unit with no neighbor on the east side.
* The owners of Buena Vida also own Oleander Villa, a beautiful and popular 3-bedroom villa in Klein Bay. They have a good understanding of what makes a successful rental home and that knowledge is reflected in Buena Vida.
* Buena Vida is a great rental for honeymooners and couples especially if they prefer not to rent a jeep.
* I stayed at Buena Vida last May with 2 grown girls, and just loved it. It would be perfect for 4. The outdoor spaces are just wonderful.
* We had a wonderful time at Grande Bay. Buena Vida was beautiful. Thank you so much for everything. We hope to visit St John again soon.
* I only have a few comments:
1) The place was excellent as was the staff.
2) The people I dealt with when booking our trip were exceptional, helpful, and
quick to respond.
3) Our greeter when arriving at the island was terrific. Her name was Winnie. In
my line of work, I stay at hotels over 100 times per year and that was the best
welcome I've ever had.
Thank you for the wonderful vacation. We will definitely get our recommendation
if anyone we know is planning a visit to the Caribbean.
There is a sun deck off the bedroom
A view to remember
Buena Vida floor plan
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T; is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T; we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T; cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T; and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
* The lanai is an indoor-outdoor living area with comfortable seating for four on a Tropitone sectional couch and chair set that is complemented by a granite coffee and end tables, locally crafted sconce lighting, and a ceiling fan.
* The 46" flat screen TV on the lanai is equipped with a Blu Ray/DVD player and has Innovative Cable with 54 stations. This is all open air to the beautiful turquoise views of Cruz Bay Harbor.
* The interior living room has an up-to-date look and comfortable furnishings including a queen pull out couch, two end tables, two large lamps, and 4 leather stools for the granite bar and counter. This room has access to both the lanai and the east and front verandas.
The view looking into the lanai is also quite interesting, especially if you have the 46 inch flat screen and Blu Ray turned on.
The other view from the lanai appears to be a wall mural - but it is your front yard
The interior living room also has an impressive view
Kitchen and Dining
* The kitchen is equipped with all you need to cook complete meals. Cherry cabinets, granite countertops, tiled floors, stainless steel Whirlpool appliances including a ceramic cook top, dishwasher, oven, refrigerator/freezer with icemaker, and microwave, accompany a blender, coffee maker, toaster, glassware and utensils.
* Cupboards are stocked with Calphalon cookware, colorful Fiesta dinnerware, and flatware.
* A printer on the counter is available to print out plane tickets for your convenience. Both the kitchen and living area provide water views while cooking and relaxing.
* Dine on the lanai at a table for four, or on the center or east verandas where two high-top tables provide seating for four in addition to the bench, chair, and coffee table. Pull up to the granite countertop in the kitchen/living area and sit on one of the four cushioned leather stools for lunch, or sit at the table and two chairs on the patio off of the master bedroom for a relaxing breakfast. No matter where you go in this condo there are plenty of places to sit down, relax and enjoy your favorite food and drink.
The kitchen and living area are separated by a bar/counter
Master bedroom and bath
Buena Vida is located in Cruz Bay and was completed and began renting in late 2010. This is a one bedroom, one bath 1,212 sq ft Penthouse unit on the top level of the first row of Grande Bay. In addition to having unobstructed views, this Penthouse has a Caribbean influenced design that incorporates airy vaulted ceilings and interior living areas that are surrounded by three outdoor living verandas and decks. The front veranda looks to the west, north and east and has great views of Cruz Bay Harbor, and sunsets over St Thomas. On the east side is a veranda that also has views that stretch from west to east. On the west side is a comfortable lanai (an outdoor living area) plus a sun patio off the master bedroom. The air-conditioned interior contains a second living area, the kitchen and the bedroom and bath.
Your view to the west includes the islands of St. Thomas, Hans Lollik, Mingo, and Lovango, plus summer sunsets
The exceptionally picturesque view to the north overlooks the harbor at Cruz Bay
The view from the east veranda also looks to the north and west.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.