Colorado (7,821 rentals)
Popular Colorado Destinations
Browse all regions in Colorado
Recent reviews in Colorado
Colorado is home to some of the most unique and mesmerizing terrain in the American west. Only in Colorado will you see vast beige plains transition into flowering fields and graceful red rock formations transform into the giant Rocky Mountain peaks. With a culture that combines the ruggedness of the frontier days with a laid-back modern mentality, Coloradans are a charming breed of Americans and their state is one of the most beautiful and diverse in the continental U.S.
Some of the attractions and activities recommended for visitors to Colorado include:
- Skiing: World-class locales like Telluride, Aspen and Breckenridge to name but a few, call Colorado home. With sunshine for over 300 days a year and a seemingly endless amount of powder, millions of people ski Colorado every year.
- Denver: The Mile High City offers cosmopolitan excitement with the welcoming charm of a city half its size. Home to beautiful parks, intriguing museums and galleries, and a bustling nightlife, Denver is an excellent place to base your visit and is an ideal day trip if you're on a ski vacation.
- Brewery tours: With microbreweries that produce some of the most unique beer in the country, no trip to Colorado is complete without sampling some fresh local suds.
- Scenic drives: The Independence Pass and the drive to the base of Pike's Peak are two of the most beautiful motor routes in the country.
- Natural splendor: Colorado national parks, scenic trails, historic sites and forests abound in every corner of the state. Home to popular Colorado camping areas, the state's network of parks and trails offers everything from hiking, fishing and hunting to winter outdoor activities like cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in Colorado.
While the winter is a very popular time to visit for the skiing, Colorado is also a joy during the spring, summer and fall months. From scenic hikes past fields of blooming wild flowers, white water rafting the rapids of the Colorado River and golfing the greens at Vail, Colorado is a playground for the daring.
Renting a cabin or lodge is a great alternative to getting a hotel if you're staying in a rural area or planning a ski vacation. Visitors basing their trips in Denver can get condo-style vacation rentals that are more spacious, private and convenient than major hotel chains.
Colorado borders seven other U.S. states and is the ideal base for a tour of the "Old West." Use the Interstate system to access neighboring Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona or Utah to enrich your experience of this colorful, historic and diverse region of the United States.