Imagine. In one of the islands magic places, near the cultural capital of Ubud, the private and serene Villa Santai weaves the amenities of the modern world with the friendliness and grace of Balinese tradition.
Serenity. Overlooking a river valley and ancient rice paddies, the dramatic villa architecture frames a pristine landscape and verdant terraced vistas. The eclectic decor of original art and artifacts invite relaxation and recuperation, the meaning of "santai."
Fantasy. In a culture devoted to service and the enjoyment of life, the gentle staff promotes the unique peace and pleasure of this private villa.
Villa Santai is a very private and secluded villa, yet only five kilometers east from Bali's cultural center of Ubud, with its abundance of art galleries, fine restaurants and dance performances. The word "Santai" in the Balinese language means relaxation and recuperation. Your comfort and serenity will be our highest priorities at Villa Santai. Our house staff of eight will provide you with a level of service that is unparalleled. The villa's four romantic suites offer you spectacular views inside and out. As the villa sits high above the river valley nestled on the edge of the small village of Melayang, the sweeping views of the Petanu River Valley, ancient rice terraces and pristine jungle are breathtaking! And the decor throughout the villa is extraordinary with its Balinese art, antiques and fine hand-wrought details from Bali's finest artists.
An infinity edge Lap Pool, reflects the spectacular valley landscape, and is surrounded by the Poolside Terrace, the Dining and Entertainment Pavilions and Bar.
On a separate Garden Level, four Guest Suites privately and graciously accommodate up to 10 guests in Suites, each with Private Baths, Sun Decks and extensive valley views.
- 2 Suites with 1 King Bed, Private Garden Bath, walk in closet.
- 2 Suites with 1 Queen Bed, Private Garden Bath, walk in closet.
Airport arrival transport, broadband internet, and continental guest breakfast. (included in rate for stays of 3 or more days)
Santai Villa Manager
An English speaking Manager assists guests with details of their private villa vacation.
The chef prepares a fresh menu of local cuisine served by friendly, eager Staff of eight persons.
computer, high speed internet, printer, scanner, fax available
TVs, DVD, extensive 50,000 song mp3 library, and Stereo
Santai Spa Services
Private and personalized Spa Services including therapeutic massage arranged in suite by appointment
Valet & Laundry Services
24 Hour Security Services
RSI Architects International, award winning international architects and designers.Read more
Villa Santai - Luxury 4 Bedroom - Dramatic Vistas Ubud, Bali, Indonesia (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
Just under 5 kilometers northeast from Ubud central in the small village of Melayang. Enjoy amazing dramatic vistas, as the villa is situated on a peninsula high above on the river valley, overlooking the Petanu River. The villa is located on the left (north) just past the grade school after the tiny local village of Laplapan.
AvailableUnavailableLast updated: March 15, 2014◀▶
The following services and amenities are included in your rate:
1. Arrival transport from Denpasar Nqurah Rai airport or local hotel, if your stay with us is between 3-6 days. For stays of one week or more, departure transport to the airport or local hotel will be provided complimentary as well. This offer is valid for up to two vehicles each way. If a third vehicle is required due to excess baggage and/or larger groups, your party will incur an extra charge at check-out.
2. Our chef, familiar with French, Italian, and South-East Asian cuisine will be provided, along with our friendly and service oriented staff of seven persons.
3. Welcome drink upon arrival. Daily bottled water, coffee, and tea are provided throughout the day.
4. Daily continental breakfast, if your stay with us is between 3-6 days. For stays of one week or more, daily full breakfast is included.
5. Up to two extra twin beds can be placed in either of the two king bedrooms free of charge. A third extra small bed is also available. The villa is equipped with two full size bedroom cribs and two smaller portable cribs which are available at no additional charge.
6. Assortment of bathing amenities and beach towels.
7. Use of the villa’s public desktop computer (located in the bar area), stereo, DVD player, and music server containing over 50,000 music songs titles.
8. Complimentary broadband Wi-Fi internet, accessible from anywhere in the villa, including each of the four bedrooms.
9. You may expect all other cleaning services to be performed just as if you were to stay in an elegant boutique hotel (i.e. morning room cleaning and nightly bed turn-down, daily villa sweeping, polishing, and dusting, dishwashing, laundry service, etc.)
10. On-site managerial assistance in organizing all meals, tourist activities (i.e. Balinese dance ceremonies, elephant rides, rafting trips, etc.), many of which include discounted villa contract rates for entrance fees and tour operators.
11. On-site Valet and Parking for your own vehicles (up to three vehicles).
12. On-site Security 24 Hours Daily.
Left on 09/19/2011 for a stay in June 2011 | Jess P.
Villa Santai is a taste of paradise nestled in the hills of Tenah Merah, Ubud. Its warm, friendly staff welcomes you into the Villa, immediately making you feel relaxed and at home. The food is delicious and cooked from local ingredients.
The location is breathtaking. The moment you enter the Villa, you will be impressed by the amazing view of the jungle and valley through the first floor. It is impossible not to take a moment and look around at the beautiful view. There is an infinity pool overlooking the valley, and sometimes you can spot monkeys in the trees. It's a perfect place to relax and unwind away from the activity of the city of Ubud. It is close enough that you can take a ride into town in their car, and they can pick you up as well. It's easy to coordinate with them. They also have great ideas for walks or treks to the river or through the jungle.
I love that it's a bit secluded, so you feel like you are really in a special place up in the hills. The nearby villages, rice fields and temples are beautiful too, and there really are not many tourists around, if any.
The rooms are spacious, with incredibly large closets and a porch that wraps around the villa, where you can read a book or watch the sunrise. The sunset is equally as impressive, and casts beautiful colors of pink and coral in the sky, that reflect onto the infinity pool. It's incredibly magical, incredibly relaxing, and amazingly luxurious. The staff adds to the warmth. I can't wait to go again.
Left on 06/15/2011 for a stay in June 2011 | TashaHB
We stayed for 3 nights at Villa Santai and would recommend to anyone that is looking for a truly enjoyable and special Villa. The villa itself it very well maintained and exceptionally decked out, it is very private although on 5 or 10 minutes to town and has the best view over the valley, all you hear is the river, birds and monkeys.
The outdoor living and pool is all open with views all around, the bedrooms have amazing views too, all looking over the valley and with small private balcony's in case you want to get away from the rest of you party.
One of the highlights is the staff, they are very caring and we decided not to order from the menu but as the chef to cook traditional food and what he wanted to, one of the best decisions as the food was the best of the whole holiday, and after the first night we decided to stay in every night for dinner.
This is not your commercial villa, it is more like a home and would recommend it to anyone that wants that experience and I am unable to come up with any negatives other than I wish I booked it for longer.
Left on 02/21/2011 for a stay in January 2010 | Carol Reckamp
We were looking for a relaxing get away that would also provide a totally new experience. Villa Santi gave us a feeling of being in an exotic place with complete relaxation and great service. The staff anticipated our needs and met them almost without us noticing they were there. It was completely relaxing and peaceful. The villa is surrounded by jungle and we could often see monkeys. It was also close enough to the city to enjoy the arts and culture of the county. Staff was available to take us to the city - and they were even more helpful there. The staff knew where to go and how to help us communicate. This was the perfect vacation and met every expectation I had.
Left on 02/07/2011 for a stay in February 2010 | Jason L. Stewardson
What a great experience! Nestled deep in the rice fields of Ubud. A fantastic location and a great staff. From the pick up at the airport, to the daily meals, nothing was less than perfect. The food was fantastic, the rooms, and living area were beatifully decorated and comfortable. I would highly recommend this villa. What a wonderful time, I can't wait to return.
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.