With amazing theater and live music, a bustling nightlife scene that is among the best in Spain, and lots of beautiful beaches wherever you turn, the community of Costa Dorada has everything you need for a vacation that's full of fun in the sun. Admire the old Roman style architecture of Correr Mejor, experience the clubs and bars along Calle de Cavaliers, or go shopping in the markets centered around Salou.
While you're in Costa Dorada, be sure to make time for some of these must-see attractions and activities:
- Caribe Aquatic Park: Head over to this water park with many rides and a heated indoor area.
- Aquopolis: The dolphinarium here hosts fantastic dolphin shows and educational exhibits on these animals throughout the week.
- Teatre Auditori de Salou: Some of the best actors from all over Spain come here to perform in original productions held throughout the year.
- Port Aventura Park: Take an international excursion without ever leaving the area at this theme park, with rides and food centered around Polynesia, China and the Mediterranean, among other locations.
- Go to the Beach: Costa Dorada is home to numerous sandy white beaches with rolling waves, but Llarga Beach is one of the most popular among the local residents.
- Sample the Wine: Head to one of the many local vineyards throughout the area and try one of the dozens of wines that are made in Costa Dorada.
The region of Catalonia puts on festivals all of the time, several of which take place into Costa Dorada. Check out some of the classic cars during the Costa Dorada Car Rally in April, watch musicians of all genres perform in front of the Vilafortuny Castle during the Parc Sam Festival in July, or sample the nativity scene competitions and Christmas markets during the holiday festivities along the Plaza d'Espanya in December.
Choose an apartment just steps from one of the many beaches throughout the area, or a spacious condo near the huge array of nightlife options and cultural attractions. If you're a wine enthusiast, you could even select a villa that overlooks one of Costa Dorada's world-renowned vineyards. Whatever you want to be near, there's a vacation rental available that will put you even closer to it.
There's plenty to do in Costa Dorada, but Catalonia has plenty of excellent day trip options as well, ranging from cosmopolitan cities to sweeping mountains. The charming old town district and endless array of cultural attractions in the metropolis of Barcelona, the old town of Girona, and the beautiful views from the Pyrenees Mountains can all be reached within an hour by car or bus.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.