With beautiful beaches, delicious seafood and local cuisine, and a range of interesting museums to sample, the friendly seaside community of Long Beach has it all! The best restaurants in Long Beach are centered along Pacific Avenue, while Pacific Way is your best bet for trendy shops and boutique art galleries.
While you are in Long Beach, be sure to make time for these must see activities and sites:
- Fort Columbia State Park: Visit the five-mile long Astoria-Megler Bridge and admire the beautiful views of the Astoria hills.
- North Head Lighthouse: This lighthouse was built over a century ago. Take a free-guided tour and learn about the lighthouse's history as you climb to the top.
- Marsh's Free Museum: This museum, featuring kitschy items such as Victorian era games and flip movies, makes for a great family-friendly afternoon trip.
- Cranberry Museum: This museum explains the history and methods of cranberry farming, and also offers self-guided walking tours of the farm outside of the museum.
- Oysterville: The entire community of Oysterville is currently on the National Historic Register. Admire the many buildings that have remained untouched for over 100 years.
- Go to the Beach: Spend some time soaking up the sun on one of the many great beaches in Long Beach.
You'll find live music, speakers and art exhibits here throughout the year, but the biggest events in town are typically reserved for the summer months. Cheer on the riders competing at the Annual NPRA Sanctioned Rodeo in July, watch fishermen try to reel in the biggest fish at the Oregon Tuna Classic in August, or attend the Slow Drag at the Port in September when classic hot rods line up to compete in a coasting competition.
Even during the busiest of months, there are still plenty of excellent vacation rentals to choose from for your stay. With properties ranging from luxury condos right next to the shore, to beautiful apartments in the middle of all the attractions in the downtown area, there's a property available that you're bound to fall in love with.
If you wish to explore other parts of the region during your stay, the forests and hiking options of Hillsboro, bustling college scene in Aberdeen, and green parks of Olympia can all be reached within an hour drive by car.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.