Featured Harwich Port Properties
1 / 28
Harwich Port cottage
3 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 6
Harwich Port cottage
- Min stay varies
About Harwich Port
Come to the quaint New England town of Harwich Port for a scenic vacation getaway. The laid back, easy pace of life, the charming downtown architecture, and the endless coastal vistas of Harwich Port make this the ideal place for a family trip or a weekend escape with friends. Come here to explore state parks and wildlife refuge areas along the inland shores. Relax on the soft sand of a quiet Cape Cod beach. Go sailing, diving, or snorkeling in the reefs offshore, or stroll the side streets and wander the craft shops, cafes, and art galleries.
Experience the best of Harwich Port by staying in a luxury vacation rental of your own. It's easy to find the perfect home just a few steps away from the beach, and condo rentals on the coast or in the heart of the village offer more privacy and better amenities than hotels. A vacation rental can also offer the space you need to store your beach chairs and outdoor gear and is a great place to come home to after a long day of fun, sand, and visits to local museums and lighthouses. As the sun goes down over the Atlantic, host a barbeque for your family and friends or sit around a campfire on the beach.
Here are a few additional suggested activities for your visit to Harwich Port:
- Join the annual fun: Visit over Labor Day weekend to experience the three-day New England Arts and Crafts Festival, or come in November for the New England Craft and Specialty Food Fair.
- Go on a whale watching tour: Once hunted in New England, grey whales are now carefully protected and draw visitors from all over the world who come to see them interacting in their natural habitat.
- Go sailing: Take a one-on-one lesson or charter a boat and feel the cool Atlantic wind as it carries you across the blue waters of the Cape.
- Go deep sea fishing: Fishing is a popular activity in Harwich Port. Leave shore at dawn on a guided trip into the deep water, then come home in the evening and grill your catch on the deck of your vacation home.
- Rent a bike: Bike shops and rentals are available in town. Pack a picnic lunch and explore the winding trails of the parks and nature preserves along the coast.
- Go bird watching: The preserved estuarial ecosystems along the Cape Cod coast are a paradise for birdwatchers, since they are home to many elusive shore birds and migrating species.
For the best of New England culture and history, charming Cape Cod architecture, and stunning natural beauty, there's no better place to vacation than Harwich Port. Your vacation rental can be the perfect starting point for outdoor adventures and fun vacation memories. Find a condo that offers ocean views and lies within easy reach of your favorite activities. While you're visiting Harwich Port, be sure to schedule some time to explore nearby areas like Marlborough or Provincetown.