Featured Port Charlotte Properties
About Port Charlotte
Located just north of Alligator Bay on the scenic shores of Charlotte Harbor, Port Charlotte offers the very best of a Florida Gulf Coast vacation. The perfect place for a family summer getaway, Port Charlotte has sunny beaches, busy markets, emerald golf courses and world-class seafood restaurants. Come here to explore the secluded areas of Alligator Bay by sea kayak or walk the trails through the breathtaking natural beauty of Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park.
Relax in a luxurious spa, visit local museums, or take a golf lesson and improve your swing at Deep Creek or Bobcat Trail golf clubs. After the sun goes down, let yourself be drawn in by the welcoming vibe of Port Charlotte's dining venues and nightspots. If you are interested in the arts, see a live music, theatrical or comedy performance at the Visani Theater.
There are plenty of things to do and see here, but if you need some help planning your trip, here are a few additional suggestions:
- Play on the beach: Swim, surf, or just relax on the sugary white sand beaches of Florida's Gulf Coast. The Port Charlotte Beach Park is a great beach recreation complex that offers tennis and volleyball courts, a boat launch ramp and a scenic boardwalk.
- Take an eco-tour: Rent a sea kayak and explore the coast on your own, or take a guided tour to learn more about the unique biodiversity of Florida's reef and shoreline ecosystems.
- Go deep sea fishing: Take a charter fishing trip out into the deep waters of the Gulf Coast to find large game species like swordfish and marlin.
- Hike the trails: Go hiking or mountain biking in North Port or along the Cape Haze Pioneer Trail.
- Go snorkeling: Go snorkeling or scuba diving and have a close encounter with fish, turtles and other colorful marine life.
- Enjoy the nightlife: In the evening, experience the laid-back bars, award-winning restaurants and energetic live music venues around Edgewater Drive and Harborview Road.
There are plenty of fun activities to keep you and your family busy around the harbor shores of Port Charlotte. There are also many excellent places to stay here, no matter what time of year you choose to schedule your trip. Look for a vacation rental that offers all the comforts of home and lies within reach of your favorite activities. Find a luxury villa with views of the harbor, an elegant downtown condo, or a spacious home big enough to host your friends and family.