Featured Silverthorne Properties
High in the beautiful mountains of Summit County, Colorado, the town of Silverthorne offers the perfect wilderness vacation getaway. Come to Silverthorne for a few weeks of world-class skiing, snowboarding, or snowmobiling during the wintertime. Take a ride on a dog sled or explore the back country trails on snowshoes. During the spring, summer and fall, Silverthorne is a mountain paradise blooming with wildflowers and untouched natural vistas. Come here for spectacular waterfalls, breathtaking overlooks, and tranquil lakes.
Wake up in the morning in your own private luxury vacation rental and enjoy a cup of coffee on your terrace overlooking an endless pine forest. Wander downtown and explore the unique craft shops and art galleries featuring the work of local painters and artisans. Head into the mountains for whitewater rafting, camping, and wildlife spotting. After a long day of activities, head home to your cabin or ski condo as the sun sets over Silverthorne Mountain and relax in style.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go skiing and snowboarding: Silverthorne ski areas are professional caliber and draw serious skiers from all over the country. Enjoy the long powdery runs all winter long.
- Tee off at the Raven Golf Course: Silverthorne is home to several popular courses like this one, offering beautifully maintained greens, a clever design, and a driving range.
- Go horseback riding: This is a quiet and authentic way to explore the mountain trails and experience the best of Summit County. Several stables are available that offer one-day or overnight excursions.
- Rent a boat: Rent a canoe and paddle downriver, or launch a boat from the private dock of your lakeside vacation rental and cast your line in a tranquil Silverthorne lake.
- Take a snowmobile tour: Snowmobile tours are available during the winter months in Silverthorne and nearby Dillon. Experience the snowy wilderness at exciting high speed.
- Take a balloon ride: See the majestic beauty of Silverthorne Mountain from the sky. Many rides begin at sunrise and end with a traditional champagne brunch.
A private vacation rental can help you get the most out of your trip to Silverthorne. Most cabins and apartment rentals offer all the space and amenities you need to store your outdoor gear and host dinner for your friends and family. Find the perfect cabin close to your favorite activities either downtown or off the beaten track. While you're visiting Silverthorne, be sure to explore the quaint historic town of nearby Dillon.