Rentals Near Southampton Attractions
Featured Southampton Properties
Recently voted as having one of the best sunsets in North America, the beauty of Southampton is visible throughout the city. The nearby river views, gardens around Fairy Lake, and leafy parks filled with plenty of sporting options provide all the ingredients for a tranquil and relaxing getaway.
Listen to the live music playing at one of the bars along High Street, spend the afternoon taking in the beach and harbor views along Port Elgin, or play tennis and golf at one of the public facilities throughout town. There's no shortage of things to do in this charming Canadian city!
Here are just a few of the must see attractions and activities:
- Chantry Island Lighthouse: Climb to the top of the primary icon in town for stunning views of the water and surrounding area.
- Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre: Explore the past, present and future of Southampton at this multi-million dollar facility that offers visitors insight into the history of the area.
- Saugeen River: Canoe down the river, spend the afternoon fly fishing, or take a sunset cruise to nearby Chantry Island.
- Play Tennis: Thirteen public courts are available throughout town, most of which offer free racket rentals and lessons with local teaching pros.
- Saugeen First Nation's Amphitheatre: Follow the nature trail around Fairy Lake, relax in the beautiful gardens, and bring a blanket for the spectacular outdoor concerts held here during the winter months.
- Go skiing: There are plenty of cross-country ski trails around the area in nearby Port Elgin and Sauble Beach.
You can find live music, lectures and debates, or art exhibits throughout Southampton most nights of the week, especially during the summer months. However, the award winning Pumpkinfest in nearby Saugeen Shores, is held just once a year, every October. It is one of the most unique events in Ontario, with activities including a huge outdoor car show, giant vegetable weigh-offs, and over 100 craft and marketplace vendors selling a wide range if items.
Whether you want a spacious condo in the middle of the trendy downtown boutiques and restaurants, or a cottage with ocean views from your window, there's a vacation rental that puts all the scenery you'll enjoy right at your fingertips.
Southampton can also be used as a great base for seeing all that Ontario has to offer. Drive 10 miles to the sand of Sauble Beach, take a two-hour journey by car to the bustling university town of Kitchener or visit the big city of Toronto.