Featured Sydney Properties
Situated in New South Wales, Sydney is the largest and most populated city in Australia. It is known for its cosmopolitan offerings, chic style, and breathtaking surroundings, which are symbolized by its beautiful namesake harbor. Sydney offers a wealth of arts, culture, and history as well. All of the performing arts, galleries, museums, and historic sites make it a very popular destination for all types of travelers. With numerous boutiques, large shopping centers, gourmet restaurants, and nightlife venues, there is always something to see and enjoy. Outdoor enthusiasts will relish all of the water sports they can experience, including surfing, sailing, swimming, and water skiing while nature lovers will fall for all of the unique plant and wildlife that can be found in the numerous parks.
Some of the sights you will not want to miss include:
- The Sydney Opera House: This multi-venue performing arts space is beloved throughout the world as an iconic symbol for the country. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and its designer, Danish architect Jorn Utzon, won the coveted Pritzker Prize for its creation.
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge: As Sydney's other most recognized landmark, this steel-through arch bridge carries rail, automobile, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic across the Harbour from the city's central business district to its North Shore. Visitors are permitted to climb to its top on guided tours and take in a spectacular 360-degree view of the city.
- The Royal Botanic Garden: This urban oasis is a lush sanctuary located in the center of Sydney. It covers 30 hectares and showcases many reminders of the city's past. The Garden resides on the spot of the country's first penal colony, established in 1788.
- The Rocks: As a historic district of the city, the Rocks nicely preserve the past while offering plenty of modern-day amenities too. It was originally a vibrant port community for the first settlers. Today it features excellent restaurants, unique shops, and galleries of new and established artists.
- Manly Beach: This is a celebrated beach region consisting of three main areas: Queenscliff, North Steyne, and South Steyne.
- Hunter Valley: Just a few hours' drive from Sydney is this area known as New South Wales Wine Country. It is one of the country's most renowned wine-producing regions and features a number of wineries, gourmet shops, and restaurants, as well as plenty of outdoor activities for all to enjoy.
There are so many attractions to take in while visiting Sydney. For animal lovers of all kinds, there are several things you won't want to miss including the Sydney aquarium, Sydney zoo and Sydney whale watching. Because of the spectacular surroundings, sunsets, and sights the city has to offer, romantic getaways to Sydney are a popular excursion for everyone in love.
Sydney is one of the world's greatest cities, and nothing beats a vacation rental located in the center of it all. An apartment downtown lets you enjoy everything near the Harbour firsthand while a villa or condo closer to the outskirts can provide a taste of the countryside.