Rentals Near Traverse City Attractions
Featured Traverse City Properties
1 / 14
Traverse City house
5 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 12
Traverse City house
- Min stay varies
About Traverse City
Traverse City is known as the cherry capital of the world, a fitting name since over 75 percent of the cherries distributed throughout the United States come from Michigan, and most of them specifically from Traverse City. Located in the northern part of the state, the area is known for its scenic beauty including the local waterfront, large sand dunes, and blankets of snow that cover the area in winter. There are also plenty of outdoor activities here to satisfy the vacation needs of any traveler. While you're in Traverse City, be sure to stroll along Bayshore Drive and East or West Front Street, all of which offer picturesque views and quaint shops.
Here are some additional must-see activities and destinations:
- Amon Orchards: The biggest cherry orchard in the area offers orchard trolley-ride tours.
- Old Mission Point Lighthouse: Located just north of Traverse City, this historical landmark offers stunning views of the local beach.
- Traverse Symphony Orchestra: This is the only professional orchestra in Northwestern Michigan. They hold regular shows throughout the year.
- Turtle Creek Casino: This casino offers all of your standard games and is open 24 hours a day.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Take a sunrise or sunset flight over the bay area on a hot air balloon.
- Outdoor Sports: Depending on what season you arrive, skiing, snowmobiling, and boating options are available in the area.
The weather in Traverse City is typical to that of the rest of Northern Michigan, with warm summers and cold winters. Many of the major events in the area are held during the summer months including the National Cherry Festival in early July, the Traverse City Film Festival in late July, and the Northwestern Michigan Fair held in early August.
For those visiting Traverse City, there are many spacious condo or apartment rentals right along the beach. In addition to waterfront vacation rentals, it is also possible to book a cabin rental for an outdoors experience that the whole family can enjoy.