All you need is your clothes to live comfortably in this fully-furnished home near the Washington DC border with Maryland, downtown Silver Spring and Takoma Park. Rates have been reduced for the winter.
Come for work, study and/or to be a tourist at this conveniently located home. Two Redline Metro stations are one-mile away. This home has two levels featuring a suite on the lower level with a separate entrance, full bath and kitchenette. Both levels are fully furnished, including equipped kitchens, linens and robust wifi. The street is family oriented and quiet but it has the conveniences of an urban location.
This home is perfect for short- and long-term stays. The space and location is well suited for Internships, fellowships, professional assignments, training, office retreats, sabbaticals and family vacations.
• 3 private bedrooms and all linens
• each bedroom sleeps 2 people--6 beds
• each room also includes a closet, bureau and desk
• central A/C throughout; gas forced-air heat and cooking
• free wifi with a VERY STRONG connection
• washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, hair dryer
• main level features: kitchen, dining/living room with fireplace and hardwood floors, 2 bedrooms, full bath
• main kitchen is fully equipped including dishwasher, coffee pot, microwave, rice-cooker, quality cookware and more
• lower level features: 500sf-3rd bedroom with separate entrance, full bath and equipped kitchenette
• off-street parking for 2 cars
• covered front and back porches and large yard with gas grill
• half block to bus stop
• 1-mile to Takoma (DC) or Silver Spring (Maryland) Metro stations on the Redline
• thorough cleaning and linen laundering prior to your arrival
• half block to bus stop
• within a mile to downtown Silver Spring attractions (restaurants, shops, theatres, markets, cultural events)
• free parking
• ask about free loaner bikes
• free metro shuttle with your luggage.
The house is convenient to Washington, DC business center, Capitol Hill and tourist attractions. It is walking distance to stores, restaurants and a lively entertainment district (including the AFI Silver Theatre and The Filmore live music venue) in downtown Silver Spring and the eclectic shops of Takoma Park--all are within or near one mile away. There are also beautiful hiking/biking trails along Sligo Creek nearby.
For business travelers, a list below includes a few of the many organizations within walking distance or a short bus ride of the house. It is also a short metro ride to organizations in DC.
American Film Institute Silver Theatre (location of AIRP course)
American Nurses Association
NOAA—National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Social and Scientific Systems
The Fillmore Silver Spring
Three-month, six-month and 1-year terms are available at a lower monthly rate. Please inquire.
Note: each level is also offered separately. Contact us for more information and/or to confirm availability....Read more
Home Away near DC; 3br/2ba in MD Silver Spring, Maryland
Additional Location Information
Two Redline Metro stations are one-mile away--near the Washington DC border with Maryland, downtown Silver Spring and Takoma Park. The house is convenient to Washington, DC business center, Capitol Hill and tourist attractions. It is walking distance to stores, restaurants and a lively entertainment district (including the AFI Silver Theatre and The Filmore live music venue) in downtown Silver Spring and the eclectic shops of Takoma Park--all are within or near one mile away.
More About This Location
Last updated on April 21, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
3 other Silver Spring rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.