Baan Asan sits on the beach of Taling Ngam, one of the islands most scenic, serene and exclusive areas. The villa itself is simply stunning. Once you enter the white walled residence, via heavy wooden gates, and step into the entrance courtyard youll realise that this is an exceptional luxury and unique property.
The residence is a perfect blend of extremely modern architectural features, natural colours and just the right amount of Asian touches to create an incredibly interesting and stylish villa.
In terms of layout you can see that practicality, comfort and functionality have been high on the list of priorities, making this an ideal hideaway for entertaining your friends, spending quality time with your family or as a high-end corporate business retreat.
The first building is the main living area and on entering the hallway youll get the first glimpse of the scale and cutting-edge interior styling of this property. The walls are white and the floors are black; on the right is an exquisite woodcarving, welcoming you with the Thai wai and on the left is an antique oriental gong positioned as if there for you to announce your arrival. Straight ahead is a picture-perfect breath-taking view through the villa and out to the ocean.
On the right is a guest powder room and a door leading into the dedicated Media room with high-end Bose Lifestyle audio/video equipment and 47" Philips flat screen TV. On the left is a fantastic modern western kitchen complete with equipment befitting of a five-star restaurant and ideal for cooking lessons. Beyond that is a further Thai-style kitchen area with professional cooking equipment including a lava-stone grill and access to an impressive herbs garden.
Straight ahead the room opens out into a fantastic open-plan living space. Futuristic fans and lights are suspended from the vaulted ceiling and a collection of eye-catching furniture and accessories are positioned to define the living and dining spaces. However, its the view through the wall-less front of the room which really focuses the attention and dominates this large and extraordinary living - dining area.
The room merges seamlessly from indoor to outdoor as you step from the polished black floor onto a clear-covered terraced area which runs across the front and leads directly to a large water feature with three metal water fountains and a waterfall feature trickling over the stone edge and down to the pool level.
Four individual bedroom suites are situated with two on either side of the magnificent infinity edged swimming pool and Jacuzzi, which runs through the middle of the villa towards the sea. The pavilions exhibit the depth of thought thats gone into this villa. Each has a private terrace, a comfortable lounge area and steps leading up to the bed area. Theres a separate dressing area and an exquisite en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, twin sinks and luxurious sunken terrazzo bathtub. All
The bedroom suites exhibit the depth of thought thats gone into this villa. Each has a private terrace, a comfortable lounge area and steps leading up to the bed. Theres a separate dressing area and an exquisite en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, twin sinks and luxurious sunken terrazzo bathtub. All pavilions feature high-end audio/video equipment, 32" flat screen Philips TVs, coffee/tea making facilities, a mini-bar and personal safe.
Each pavilion provides a private escape and allows each guest the opportunity to relax and enjoy personal time away from those theyre sharing with. The first two pavilions on either side of the pool have an additional feature which makes them perfect for families. Both have a separate childrens room complete with two bunk-beds and a private en-suite shower room. These rooms can be entered through the main bedroom or via a separate entrance from the poolside area. This is an extremely practical solution for visitors with children of all ages.
Each of these four bedroom suites has been stylishly themed in a different colour, with red, brown , green and blue being used to represent the Chinese elements of Earth, Fire, Wood and Water.
Along the side of the pool is a sun terrace complete with sun loungers and at the end theres an attractive garden leading onto the beach and a large beachfront Sala with comfortable seating providing the perfect shaded place to enjoy a massage, dine, read or simply relax and take in the views of the beach and the ocean. From the main pool, water flows into a second pool - ideal for children or to enjoy watching the stunning sunsets. Discretely placed Bose speakers around the swimming pool and in the sala provide you access to your favorite music throughout the property.
The large garden are separates itself from the beach by the seawall with steps down to the beach and blends in perfectly well with the total scenic environment.
A superb hideaway is a teak wood swing, placed in the tranquil lush fruit garden to the side of the main building, where you can enjoy the sweet smell of the abundant fruit and explosion of Thai orchids with the ocean still featuring as distinct backdrop.
Coming back into the main living area theres an incredible floating staircase which magically leads you up to the galleried next level. The walkway at the top has views over and out of the living area to the ocean.
On this level theres a glass fronted, well equipped gym with private shower room. The clever layout ensures that even when youre working out you get to enjoy the astonishing views.
A bridge takes you over the entrance hallway and into the library and office space. Contemporary chairs provide an ideal environment to enjoy one of the available books.
From this level a further staircase takes you up to the breath-taking master suite, which covers the entire top floor of the building. A corridor has a door into a fitted western style kitchen and also leads you into a sophisticated lounge area with high-end audio/visual equipments and comfortable seating.
A floating wall separates the lounge from the centrally placed King Size Master bed which overlooks the whole property and faces directly out to sea. Another floating wall on the other side is actually a walk-in dressing area, and beyond that is the en-suite bathroom. In here theres a large bathtub, twin sinks and a twin walk-in rain shower.
This top-floor suite is unbelievably spacious, light and well styled. Across the entire front of the suite is a sun terrace with sun loungers and space for enjoying perfect sunset dinners and across the back is a terrace providing a stunning view of Samuis green mountains.
The whole property is fitted with high-end mood-lighting technology and audio/visual equipment, and theres an electronic security system with CCTV to back up the night security guard.
In literally every room theres a feature of interest, whether its an architectural feature, an artwork, a stylish piece of furniture like the grand recycled teak wood dining table, suitable for 14 guests, or an ornamental accessory such as the extraordinary teak chess table and carved Chinese chess pieces situated in the separate Media room. But above all else its the space, the style and the view thats instantly evident throughout.
Baan Asan is an idyllic example of how properties on Samui have developed. Its apparent that the positives and shortcomings of other villas on the island have been considered and either incorporated or eliminated at the design stage. The result is an exceptionally practical and comfortable villa which provides flexible accommodation. And, to finish off, the aesthetics of the villa are truly spectacular with the inclusion of contemporary features and modern furniture which make this a unique and totally individual villa.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Large Infinity pool (20m x 5m) with Jacuzzi and kids pool
* Direct beach access
* Beach sala with Bose speaker system ideal for massage, sunset cocktail, casual dining
* Well-equipped private fitness room with flat screen TV with satellite channels, audio, CD player and iPod docking system
* Living/dining with CD-Player, iPod station and Bose speakers
* Media and game room with carpet equipped with 47" Philips flat screen TV with satellite channels, Bose lifestyle and acoustimass sound system
* Master suite with twin rain and hand showers, large bath tub, private terrace, kitchenette, lounge area and bedroom, walk in closet, two high-end Philips flat-screen TVs (in bed room and sitting area) satellite channels, DVD and CD players and sound system
* All bedroom pavilions are fitted with lounge area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, walk in closet, high-end 32" Philips flat-screen, Philips TVs + Satellite channels, CD players, mini bar and tea/coffee facility, personal safe
* Two Guests suites feature adjoining children room with 2 bunk beds and en-suite bathroom (bunk beds are 1.85m)
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* Fully equipped kitchen with design fixtures suitable for cooking classes
* Fully fitted Thai kitchen
* FREE WIFI ADSL broadband connection throughout the villa
* Each of the buildings has been stylishly themed in a different color to represent the Chinese and Greek elements of Earth, Fire, Water, Metal, Wood and Air
* Living Room with full length sliding doors and designer fans
* 2 double seats sea kayaks, table tennis and beach volleyball equipment provided a nice property for outdoor exercises
* Secure gated property with night time security guard and alarm system with key tags + CCTV
* Full back up power in case of grid failure by 100 KVA Cummins (UK) generator
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day
* Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustaining our pristine island environment
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* Baby sitting service upon request and availability
* In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
Additional amenities include: media library, kids room, beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, generator, cctv, pool with jacuzzi, chemical free pool, 4 4 staff, on request, thai chef, group couples villa, kids pool.TripAdvisor property ID 3514827...Read more
Baan Asan Taling Ngam, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
* In Taling Ngam, on the western coast and one of the most scenic, serene and exclusive areas of Koh Samui, around 45 minutes from the Airport, around 10 minutes from the picturesque capital of the island Nathon, and around 15 minutes from the huzz and buzz town of Lamai. Baan Asan is facing the world class sunset to a backdrop of the Five Islands and the national Marine Park, a spectacle in itself
* Daily rates from US$ 1,550 to 2,550 for full occupancy
* Reduced occupancy according to season for 4 bedroom avilable from US$ 1,100 to 2,100 with children bunk bedrooms for 4 kids, master bedroom not included to this rates
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) adults (10 adults and 4 children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot provided free of charge
* Rates include daily Continental breakfast
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
Additional fees may apply:
- Service chart | 10% of rent
/ night + / night + additional fees additional fees
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.