Lying on the inner shores of Cape Cod just a few hours away from Boston, Yarmouth offers a postcard perfect summer vacation destination. This is a place of historic significance and natural beauty as well as easygoing charm and hospitality. Come here to be swept away by the old world atmosphere of this village, which was founded more than three hundred years ago on shipbuilding and whaling industries. Relics of these old ways of life can still be found in the downtown streets and the architecture of the local houses and public buildings.
Explore the side streets of Yarmouth and go shopping in the quaint craft stores and local art galleries. Take a hike or bike ride along the rocky shoreline trails. Drift away from shore in a sailboat or take a charter fishing trip out on the waters of the Cape. If you'd like to stay close to town, relax in a luxury spa or play a game of Frisbee in any of Yarmouth's green and picturesque local parks. And after a day of adventures and beautiful sights, enjoy the freshest seafood Cape Cod has to offer at any of the world-class restaurants downtown.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go on a whale watching excursion: Take a chartered boat trip away from the coast to view now protected marine life in their natural habitat.
- Play on the beach: Swim, snorkel, or explore the tide pools along several salt water and freshwater beaches around Yarmouth. Seagull Beach and Bass River Beach are popular, family friendly destinations.
- Take an eco-tour: Rent a sea kayak and explore the rocky shores on your own, or take a tour with an experienced guide and learn more about the biodiversity of the northeast coast.
- Take a tour of the Winslow Crocker House: Explore the careful craftsmanship, charming architecture and extensive collection of artifacts in this preserved two story home built in 1780.
- Play a round of golf: The Bass River and Bayberry Hills courses are champion caliber and perfectly maintained.
- Go canoeing or have a picnic on Long's Pond: The pond is quiet and tranquil and a great place to spot birds and native plants.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Yarmouth, and you also won't have any trouble finding a perfect place to stay. Choose a vacation rental close to your favorite activities. Find an elegant apartment near the luxury spas and golf courses, or rent beautiful condo or villa overlooking the blue ocean waters of the Cape. While you're visiting Yarmouth you may decide to take a short day trip to the nearby charming Cape town of Dennis.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.