- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Description from the owner
Awarded best indulgence accommodation 2012 for Tasmania by the STAYZ group.
Whether for work or pleasure, romance , family holidays or a great getaway with friends experience Launceston accommodation in a gorgeous heritage listed property in the historic Glebe precinct.
Arguably the best position in Launceston, Ellie's Place on City Park is a 2 storey Victorian (C1890) residence with 2 living areas, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a study.
Ellie's Place is fully renovated and furnished in keeping with the period but includes all the modern amenities you could wish for.
All you need to do is pack your clothes and toothbru...Read more
Ellie's Place on City Park- award winning property
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Additional Location Information
Ellie's Place on City Park is in central Launceston, Tasmania’s second largest city which is a vibrant region with cafes, museums and many natural attractions. Launceston has many magnificent Victorian buildings.
Ellie's Place is the perfect base for visiting the vineyards of the Tamar Valley. Follow the Tamar Valley Wine Route and sample some of Tasmania’s finest cool-climate wines.
You may also enjoy a river cruise, an ideal way to explore the Tamar River and wetland area.
The Cataract Gorge -Launceston's most popular tourist attraction is an easy 2.5km walk
Launceston is easy to explore. You can walk the elegant streetscapes and through century-old parks, which sit beside revitalised areas such as Launceston Seaport, with its waterfront eateries. A boardwalk links the Seaport to Inveresk, where you can visit one of Australia's best regional galleries, the Queen Victoria Museum at Inveresk.
The boardwalk also takes you to Home Point rowing course, passing Ritchies Mill, with its galleries and restaurants. Continue along the zig-zagging path into Cataract Gorge, a place of mystical beauty. Its steep, rugged cliffs and wild areas attract rock climbers and a chairlift allows all to enjoy the panoramic views.
500m easy flat walk to Aurora Stadium
800m easy flat walk to Launceston City
2.5km pleasant flat walk to Cataract Gorge
Centro shopping Centre 400m
Launceston Aquatic Centre 400m
Close to great Launceston restaurants and attractions
There is off street parking on the property.
More About This Location
Fishing nearby, Golf course within 30 minute drive, Water park nearby, Tennis courts nearby
Nearest shops, 0.5 miles
Nearest airport: Launceston, 15 miles
Nearest ferry port: Devonport, 80 miles
Car is not necessary
Last updated on July 03, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 13 other Launceston rentalsCheck Availability for Launceston
Rates shown in $ USD (Rental listed originally in AUD)
|Don't see rates for your trip?|
- Tassie Foodie Hamper | $47 per stay | Want a taste of some great local produce? Include a gourmet hamper of Tassie produce presented in a special souvenir "Apple bowl"
- Security deposit | $188 | credit card details to be provided for security deposit or fully refundable cash deposit
- Laser Printer | $9 per day | For our Corporate travellers we have free wireless internet. We also can provide a laser printer - charges based on printing requirements. Enquire about projector hire- Ellie's Place is the perfect place for small intra/ interstate business meetings
- Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Pram / child car safety restraints | $9 per day | To save our guests the expense and hassle of bringing your baby/ child accessories, Ellie's Place on City Park provides a high chair and portacot at no additional charge. We also have child car safety restraints to suit Newborn- 7 years for a small daily fee. A pram with accessories and bassinet is also available for a small daily fee
- "Celebrate" wine pack | $47 per stay | Celebrating something special?Take home a presentation "Ellie's Place" carrier with wine from Holm Oak Tasmanian vineyard- your choice of wine from reisling/ pinot noir/ moscato/ muscat $50
Additional notes from the owner
Weekend tariff (Friday / Saturday) $250 per night.
No charge for children under 1
Children 1 yr to 15 yrs of age charged at $25 per night
A small number of public holiday / local event nights attract a higher rate- these will be advised on booking.
Strictly non-smoking inside the property. Any breach of this condition will result in additional charges to cover dry cleaning of drapes and linen
- Clothes Dryer
- Housekeeping Optional
- Central heating
- Washing Machine
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Local Guides/Maps
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- DVD Player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Swing set or jungle gym
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no
- 240 square feet