New York (1,813 rentals)
Popular New York Destinations
Browse all regions in New York
Recent reviews in New York
The place was clean, bug free and everything in the house worked...
About New York
The state of New York really runs the whole spectrum, from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan to the silent, unspoiled wilderness of Long Island and the upstate areas. The Adirondack Mountains run through the center of the state, offering endless opportunities to hike, fish and camp during your vacation, while majestic Niagara Falls highlights the state's western end. Regardless of where you choose to visit, New York is a vibrant, diverse state with much to offer.
Top highlights of the Empire State include:
- New York City: The Big Apple has it all, from the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street to Central Park and the Empire State Building. You could spend your entire trip exploring New York museums and still not even scratch the surface of all there is to see. One day in the city and you'll see why people say, "I love New York!"
- Niagara Falls: One of North America's natural icons, Niagara Falls is a must-see if you're in upstate New York. It's also a short drive from Buffalo, allowing you to head into the city for some authentic chicken wings and to check out some of the elite art and architecture.
- Long Island: Home to the Hamptons, Montauk and huge expanses of unspoiled greenery, Long Island is a quiet respite east of New York City and offers the best of both urban and natural spaces. Many New York cruises also leave from Long Island ports, making it an excellent place to start an extended vacation in the Atlantic region.
- Albany: The state's capital city has the feel of a much smaller town despite its metropolitan size. Its upstate location makes it the perfect base for exploring the Empire State's great outdoors, too.
- The Adirondack Mountains: If you want to commune with nature, head into the Adirondacks to fish, hike, hunt or just take in the breathtaking scenery or tree-topped peaks extending into the sky.
Take the guesswork out of renting hotels by choosing vacation rentals in the city, such as condos and extended-stay apartment rentals. If you're on Long Island or upstate, you can also choose from a wide range of summer rentals, should you choose to while away the warm weather in New York.
New York is also an excellent base for exploring more of New England, particularly in the fall. If you're in the Niagara Falls-Buffalo area, you're just a hop, skip and jump away from Canada, too. Viewing the Falls from the Canadian side is highly recommended if you have the chance.