Texas (2,500 rentals)
Popular Texas Destinations
Browse all regions in Texas
Recent reviews in Texas
We stayed here for a long weekend in October, when the weather is hit or miss. It turned out to be...
Texas is perhaps the proudest state in the union and for good reason too. The Lone Star State, not all cowboys and tumbleweed, is a force to be reckoned with. Texan cuisine will rock your world and with serious Mexican influences and steaks that melt in your mouth, you cannot go wrong.
The deserts that sprinkle the northern region of the state are perfectly complimented by the graceful ocean-kissed shores of Corpus Christie in the east. And, despite their reputation as wild and rugged, the people of Texas are as sweet as pie.
Some of the places you will want to check out include:
- South Padre Island: For beach bums, this is where it is at. Sunshine and surfing are just a couple of the things to expect on this simmering southern island.
- Dallas: For bright lights and big city, this is the shining gem of Texas.
- Fort Worth: For a taste of classic Texas, this city is the place to be. Here cowgirls are swung around in line and bull riding is not a thing of the past.
- Austin: Situated in Central Texas, this city is the state capital and is home to the University of Texas. It is world-renowned for its music scene and also offers plenty in the way of dining, sports and water activities.
- Houston: With close to two million people residing here, this city is the state's largest. It offers numerous attractions for visitors to enjoy including its new Downtown Aquarium and the Johnson Space Center.
- San Antonio: As one of the most recognizable tourism areas in the state, this city combines major historical sites such as the Alamo with modern attractions, SeaWorld Texas and Fiesta Texas. It also boasts excellent dining, entertainment and shopping options.
There are so many exciting activities for travelers to enjoy in the Lone Star State. For those who love the great outdoors, there is camping in Texas and the national parks in Texas, both of which showcase all of the state's exquisite scenery. If couples are looking for a beautiful backdrop for their next trip, romantic getaways in Texas can definitely flame the fire.
No matter what endeavors visitors engage in, there are always plenty of options for accommodation. A vacation rental can include a condo in downtown Austin or a cabin in the countryside.