Browse all regions in Bulgaria
Bulgaria is increasingly becoming a hot spot for global travelers. With its lively cities, magnificent mountains, and beautiful beaches, there is something for everyone here. Culture, art, and entertainment seekers will find a wealth of museums, architecture, and historical sites. Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy activities in every season ranging from hiking and Bulgaria skiing in the fall and winter to climbing, boating, and golfing in the spring and summer. After a couple days of active adventure, pamper yourself in a Bulgaria spa or indulge in some Bulgaria shopping, the "sport" retail enthusiasts enjoy most.
Here are a few additional suggestions of places to visit in Bulgaria:
- Mount Vitosha: This mountain showcases some exquisite scenery. During the wintertime, it is a popular spot for skiing. In the summer months, many visitors enjoy hiking and riding on the cable lifts to take in the picturesque views.
- The Museum of History: This museum was constructed over 100 years ago and contains numerous artifacts that detail the history of the Karlovo region.
- Sofia: Sofia is the center of the country's major businesses, universities, and institutions.
- Boyana Church: Situated just outside of Sofia, this church is another excellent site for history enthusiasts to see. It hails from the 13th century and is an exquisite example of Bulgarian Middle Age architecture. It is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Oslekov House: Built in the 19th century, this restored merchant's home showcases Austro-Hungarian decor. It is designed in a lavish style and features colored walls, wood-carved ceilings, and a spacious interior. Collections of jewelry, artwork, and costumes are also on display.
- St. Dimitar of Salonika: This 800 year old structure is the oldest church in Veliko Tarnovo.
Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time in this incredible country, whether you are on a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a trip with a large group of friends.