Cape San Blas is a sliver of land extending from the southern coast of Florida, bordered by St. Joseph Bay to the north and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. The tranquil white sand beaches here are sometimes overlooked by tourist crowds, so they remain pristine and quiet even though they've been officially recognized as some of the best beaches in America.
Come here for a postcard perfect southern Florida vacation. There are plenty of fun things to do here for the whole family. Explore the trails of St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. Go scuba diving and encounter colorful fish and a diverse variety of marine life. Rent a sea kayak and explore the coast, or go sailing in the Gulf and look for dolphins. Stroll the shopping areas on the peninsula, take a surfing lesson, or spend the afternoon in perfect relaxation in a luxury spa. And, after the sun goes down, experience world class dining in the restaurants and bars along the coast.
Here are a few suggestions as you plan your trip to Cape San Blas:
- Visit the Cape San Blas Lighthouse: Climb to the top of this 1883 iron frame lighthouse and see the beautiful shoreline from above. The lighthouse is open to the public and offers an especially fun atmosphere on full moon nights.
- Go horseback riding: Go horseback riding along the trails of the state parks in the area and take a romantic gallop along the beach at sunset.
- Explore the bike trails: Rent a bicycle and ride the eight miles of scenic trail along Cape San Blas Road from Salinas State Park to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park.
- Take a deep sea fishing trip: Charter a fishing trip and leave early in the morning to pursue elusive species in the deep waters of Apalachicola Bay or the Gulf of Mexico.
- Relax on the beach: Go snorkeling, build a sandcastle, look for shells, or just find a spot on the long strip of sugary white sand where you can relax and watch the blue waves roll in.
- Play a round of golf: The emerald green golf courses around Cape San Blas are some of the most challenging and well manicured in Florida.
It's always summer in Cap San Blas, and it's always easy to find a place to stay here, no matter what season of the year you schedule your visit. Find a perfect vacation rental close to your favorite activities. Rent a summer cabin close to the state parks, or find a luxury condo just a few steps away from the beach. If you have the time, you may want to schedule additional trips to Apalachicola or Port St. Joe, which are both just a short drive away.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.