Perched on the shores of Lake Michigan, Glen Arbor provides a perfect vacation destination for visitors seeking an escape from the bustle of urban life. The beaches here are remote and picturesque in the summer and in the winter they become buried in wind-sculptured dunes of snow. Come here in the winter to snowshoe along the lakeshore trails, visit in the fall for beautiful foliage, and come back in the spring and summer for scenic hiking and biking trips through once-snowy landscapes now blooming with wildflowers and dune grass.
While you're here, make sure you spend some time out on the waters of Lake Michigan. Enjoy the sun from the deck of a boat. Go swimming or water skiing. Or just find a quiet beach and relax with a good book. Also consider playing a round of golf or spending the afternoon in a luxury spa. Then, head into town and explore the quaint craft galleries and shopping districts of Glen Arbor.
In the evenings experience the relaxed, friendly nightlife around Glen Haven and Good Harbor. Sip a glass of award winning wine from a local winery, hear some live music and enjoy world-class regional cuisine at any of Glen Arbor's excellent restaurants.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Climb up the Sleeping Bear Dunes: Take a trip across the channel to explore the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. While you're at it, visit the Sleeping Bear Point Maritime Museum and learn more about Michigan's Maritime History.
- Take a fishing trip: Join a charter excursion and fish for bass and trout in the deep cool waters of Lake Michigan.
- Take a winery tour: Visit some of northern Michigan's award winning wineries around the Leelanau Peninsula.
- Go on a kayaking adventure: Rent a canoe or kayak and take a guided journey up the Crystal River or the Platte River.
- Relax on the beach: Explore the secluded beaches of Christmas Cove and Good Harbor. The water is cold and clear, the sand is soft, and the beaches are fringed with sea grass and windswept dunes.
- Visit Glen Haven: In addition to its windy, undisturbed beaches, Glen Haven is the home of a fascinating old deserted town.
It's always easy to find a perfect vacation rental in Glen Arbor, no matter what time of year you schedule your trip. Rent a charming condo in town, or find a beautiful lakeside villa just a few steps from the beach. While you're here, you may want to take a scenic drive along the lakeshore to the nearby towns of Northport or Frankfort.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.