About Lake Harmony
Located along the Pocono Mountains in the northeast corner of Pennsylvania, Lake Harmony offers great golf, skiing, and dining throughout the year. In the winter, beyond skiing, visitors can also enjoy snowboarding, snow tubing, and winter paintball games. Those visiting Lake Harmony during the summer months have just as much in store. The area transforms into a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering great hiking and boating. Lake Harmony fishing is also a huge draw for those who love casting their lines in areas with breathtaking scenery. There is plenty of culture and entertainment here too.
Some of the sights you will not want to miss include:
- Mauch Chunk Opera House: For anyone interested in great live music, head here in Pennsylvania's sister town of Jim Thorpe. Established in 1881, this opera house is one of the state's oldest theatres. It is known for its relaxed, intimate atmosphere, great acoustics, and dynamic shows offered year round.
- Big Boulder Mountain: Big Mountain offers guests the opportunity to ski on a number of trails that range in difficulty. There are challenging double diamonds and beginner's slopes.
- H20ooohh Indoor Family Waterpark: Visitors will find the state's first indoor flow rider, the Komodo Dragon, as well as some exhilarating slides like the Viper and Leapin' Lizards at this family waterpark. Those looking to relax can indulge in the Lava Springs' hot tubs.
- Split Rock Golf Course: This course offers 27 holes and one of the most exquisite views of the entire Northeast at the 585-yard 11th hole.
- Eckley Miners Village: Located in nearby Weatherly, this village provides an interesting glimpse into an industrial coal-mining town from the 19th century. It presents the lives of immigrant coal miners as they were during the Industrial Revolution.
- Skirmish U.S.A.: Situated in nearby Jim Thorpe, this attraction offers enough award-winning paintball fields and games for all of your family and friends. The terrain is top-notch and even includes two castles.
Leave the car at home and walk just minutes from your vacation rental to the slopes. Spend your days descending the white powder trails of Big Boulder Mountain then retreat back to your rental home or condo at night and make s'mores around the fireplace with family and friends. A wood-side cabin is also an ideal place to rest your head within the area's exquisite natural surroundings.