A short flight from the mainland of Spain, the mecca known as Majorca is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. With wonderful mountain and landscape views, amazing cuisine with both Spanish and Mediterranean influences, and miles upon miles of crystal water beaches, it's no surprise why more than 8 million people visit the island each year.
Climb the mountains or enjoy the outdoor activities along the Serra de Tramuntana, shop in the wide range of stores and eat in the great restaurants throughout the Serra de Llevant region, or explore the local villages and towns scattered across Es Pla.
While in Majorca, be sure to make time for some of these unforgettable attractions and destinations as well:
- Serra de Tramuntana: This range of mountains along the northwest coast offers panoramic views across the entire island.
- Cala Ratjada: Head to the northeast corner of the island for the outdoor markets held here on Saturdays. At this market you can buy anything from leather goods to locally grown produce.
- Torrent de Pareis: This is referred to by the locals as Mallorca's version of the Grand Canyon.
- Go Rock Climbing: The unique geography of the island has helped it become one of the premier destinations in the world for those who want to take part in deep water soloing or psicobloc rock climbing.
- Go to the Beach: There are dozens of beaches of all sizes throughout Mallorca, but Cala Major and Cala Torta are two of the most popular ones.
- Palma de Mallorca: Come here for the best nightlife scene on the island.
Majorca has a regularly busy calendar full of events and festivals to entertain those visiting the island. Join the locals who watch the Carnaval parades and festivities in Palma every February, cheer on some of the best sailors in Europe at the yachting regatta in August known as Copa del Rey, or get in on some of the pranks every December at Santos Inocentes, the Majorcan version of April Fool's Day.
With vacation rentals ranging from elaborate condos just steps from the beach, to luxury apartments with high-end amenities in the middle of all the action, there's a property available in Majorca that's right for you.
If you have some extra time, take a ferry to one of the other nearby Balearic Islands for a great day trip. For those with a long weekend to spare, take the speedy ferry services to the Spanish cities of Barcelona or Valencia.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.