Featured Edgartown Properties
1 / 16
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Min stay varies
For historic walking tours, quiet, serene beaches, and unforgettable clam chowder, visit Edgartown in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Rent a cozy condo and spend the morning on the beach, parasailing, surfing, and playing in the cool blue water. In the afternoon, take in the beautiful scenery by renting a kayak and exploring the natural wildlife and plant habitats along the coast. Then wander the boutiques, heritage sites, and quaint side streets of this historic old whaling village. After the sun goes down, be sure to find an excellent seafood restaurant and sample some specialties of Martha's Vineyard, caught that very day and prepared by world-class New England chefs. At night, listen to live music, visit a stylish but unpretentious wine bar, sample the creations of local vineyards, and dance the evening away.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Martha's Vineyard:
- Play on the beach: Katama is the largest public beach on the island. Come here to surf, swim, sunbathe, or explore the natural wonders of protected Katama Bay. Gay Head and South Beach are also fun, clean, beautiful, and close.
- Chappaquiddick: This place has an infamous name, but it's also a scenic island and a popular place for strolling and bicycling.
- Visit the Old Whaling Church: Experience some of Edgartown's whaling history with a stop by this old historic site and theater. Then take a trip to the Edgartown Lighthouse and the Vincent House Museum.
- See the Aquinnah Cliffs: These cliff formations are one of the most amazing natural sites along the Massachusetts coastal area. Take a ferry to Oak Bluffs and then a short bus ride to the cliffs.
- Ride the Flying Horses Carousel in Oak Bluffs: This is the oldest working carousel in the country, with twenty hand carved horses and an actual brass ring that you can grab to win a free ride.
- Visit the Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary: Watch ospreys hunting and explore the woods, grassland, and ponds of this beautiful 350 acre sanctuary.
Many people decide to rent a summer home in the Martha's Vineyard area and come back each year. Choose from beautiful secluded villas overlooking the rocky shore and beach houses big enough to host a family reunion. No matter what you're looking for, you'll have no trouble finding the perfect place to stay in Edgartown.