Featured Holmes Beach Properties
About Holmes Beach
Holmes Beach is a stretch of pristine white sand along the shoreline of Anna Maria Island, a tropical paradise just off south Florida's Gulf Coast. The beach and the entire island make a postcard perfect summer vacation destination. Despite Anna Maria's tropical beauty, inviting local culture and fascinating natural biodiversity, the island has remained protected from over development and feels warm, friendly and secluded even during the height of the summer.
Come here for the best of a southern Florida family vacation or romantic island getaway. Explore the museums and cultural venues, experience world class restaurants and nightspots with a relaxed, laid back atmosphere, and soak in the golden sun of Anna Maria's gorgeous beaches. There's no better way to escape from the bustle of everyday life and make some fun and lasting memories.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Explore the island by bicycle: Anna Maria is a perfect place to explore by foot, but a bicycle offers a fun way to get around and see the sights. Rent a bike for an afternoon or a weekend and explore the markets, the beach and the trails.
- Take an eco-tour: Rent a kayak and take a guided excursion or schedule a charter boat tour to learn more about the dazzling biodiversity of Florida's ocean ecosystems, coastlines and salt marshes.
- Play on the beach: surf, swim, scuba dive, or go parasailing and see the coastline from above. Or just bring a book, stake out a place in the soft sand, and relax.
- See a show: Enjoy a live theater performance courtesy of the Island Players or Manatee Players, or book tickets to a music or dance performance at the Asolo Center for the Performing Arts.
- Hike the trails: Go hiking, exploring and bird watching along the trails of DeSoto National Park.
- Visit the museums: Start with the Ringling Museum of art and the G-Wiz Science Museum for fascinating hands-on exhibits. Most of the museums and cultural venues around Holmes beach are perfect for adults and children of any age.
You'll never run out of things to do on Anna Maria Island. Play a round golf, enjoy an afternoon of luxury in an elegant spa, or splash the day away at any of several local water parks. Just be sure to find a sleek summer condo or elegant vacation house with beautiful views of the ocean so that when you're ready to end the day you can return to the perfect vacation rental that offers everything you and your family need.