Featured Monterey Properties
Nestled on the coast of Northern California with a temperate climate year round, Monterey, CA is truly the ideal coastal community, offering wonderful vacation homes. Known for its natural beauty, art, and diverse culture, Monterey is an atmosphere for writers, artists, musicians, and vacationers alike. Step outside your bedroom onto your own private deck while staying at your rental home, and watch the sun set over the vibrant blue Pacific or relax in the hot tub under a clear, starry, northern California sky.
Monterey is home to great shopping, galleries, and local wineries. Spend your days playing at the beach, then stroll the town at night and enjoy some of Monterey's great restaurants and bars. Monterey is also home to great music and wine festivals, and annually hosts a number of festivities each year. If you're visiting during September, check out The Monterey Jazz Festival, the longest running jazz festival in the world.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Enjoy a Monterey tradition: The annual Monterey Wine Festival held at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Monterey Fairgrounds allows guests to choose from over 300 different kinds of wine and sample fantastic food from local restaurants.
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium: The Monterey Bay Aquarium is a state-of-the-art research and educational facility with spectacular displays of thousands of marine animal species.
- Explore Cannery Row: Cannery Row is a popular vacation destination on California's Central Coast, made famous by John Steinbeck's novel. The Row includes wine tasting rooms, live music, and unique shopping venues. Cannery Row is great for adults and kids alike, as it offers paint pottery, mini-golf, an IMAX movie theatre, and an open playground.
- Hike the trails: The oceanfront trails in Monterey are great places to hike, bike, and enjoy the ocean views.
- Hear some live music: In sync with the cities' culture of Steinbeck appreciation, the town hosts Jazz with Steinbeck, a personal jazz experience that celebrates education and youth participation in the arts. This event takes place at the National Steinbeck Center.
- Take a whale watching tour: As a famous destination for whale watching, Monterey attracts visitors from all over the world. Take a charter boat trip for close encounters with grey, minke or humpback whales depending on the season.
Rent a luxury condo overlooking the ocean or a villa with spectacular views of the vineyard country in Monterey. Spa facilities, golf courses and restaurants in this area are world-class, and you'll never run out of fun things to do. While you're traveling in Monterey, explore other nearby destinations along the central Coast, like nearby Sonoma and Santa Barbara.