Featured New Buffalo Properties
New Buffalo house
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4Details
New Buffalo house
- Min stay varies
About New Buffalo
Between the coast of Lake Michigan and the rolling farms in the southwest corner of the state, two historic roadways intersect in the quaint, laid-back, beach town of New Buffalo. New Buffalo lies within a stone's throw of the Indiana border and about 90 minutes from the bustle of Chicago, but it feels like a quiet step out of time.
Come here to explore the antique shops on Red Arrow and Buffalo Street. Try your luck at the Four Winds Casino, Michigan's very first casino, which opened in 2007. Come for the delicious food and annual fun of Greek Fest, or the carnival rides and games of St. Mary's Summer Festival on Memorial Day weekend. Or just relax on the shores of Lake Michigan, watch the sunset, and then explore the award winning but unpretentious restaurants along the coast.
There are plenty of indoor activities here, including world-class spas and charming local museums. There are also biking and hiking paths, golf courses and local parks. You'll never run out of fun things to do in New Buffalo.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Explore Lake Michigan: The beaches along the New Buffalo shoreline are a perfect place to swim, relax, or go fishing for trout and perch.
- Rent a boat or WaveRunner: Boating is a way of life here. Rent a canoe or motorboat and launch from the New Buffalo public marina.
- Visit the New Buffalo Railroad Museum: Learn more about the important role of railroads and steam engines in the history of southern Michigan. The museum includes a working miniature railroad display and is a must for train lovers.
- Take a bicycle tour of Lake Michigan: Rent a bicycle or bring your own and explore the scenic areas along the boardwalk and harbor marina.
- Hike the trails: Head just south of the Indiana border and explore the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Explore the first class shopping and dining venues along Buffalo Street and Marquette Drive.
There are plenty of things to do and places to stay in New Buffalo. You'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental here that offers everything you and your family need. Book a lakeside condo within a few steps of the beach, or rent an apartment close to the shopping and dining areas downtown.