Located just outside of the city of Miami, Sunny Isles Beach has a gorgeous shoreline, friendly locals, and plenty of parks and other attractions to ensure that your vacation in the area is an unforgettable experience. Sample the stylish boutiques and trendy restaurants along Collins Avenue, or check out the canals that have led the area to be referred to as the "Venice of America."
Be sure to make time for some of these attractions as well:
- Beverly Terrace Historic District: Built during the land boom of the 1920s, these extravagant Mediterranean style apartments are now one of the main attractions in the town.
- Hammerstein Historical House: Visit the elaborate home designed by world-renowned architects that Clarence and Vera Hammerstein lived in. The couple is largely responsible for bringing trade and tourism to the area.
- North Miami Beach Arts Theater: This state of the art facility hosts many concerts and theatrical performances.
- Wallflower Gallery: Grab a cup of complimentary green tea while you peruse the works from local artists throughout the Miami area.
- Jungle Island: Visit the tigers and reptiles throughout the theme park, or grab a seat and watch the world-famous bird show.
- Watch a Sports Game: Nearby Miami is home to several pro teams including the Miami Dolphins (NFL) and the Miami Heat (NBA).
Live music and plenty of exhibits and lectures can be found in town throughout the year. In addition, Sunny Isles Beach is also only a short drive from the internationally acclaimed festivals held throughout the area. Watch movies from some of the world's best filmmakers at the Miami International Film Festival in March, sample tens of thousands of books ranging from the modern to several hundred year old artifacts at the Miami Book Fair in June, or listen to some of the world's best electronic and alternative music during the Ultra Music Festival in March.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Sunny Isles Beach. Select from a wide range of properties ranging from condos right next to the beach, to luxury apartments near the art galleries and major cultural attractions in town.
Sunny Isles Beach has plenty of small-town charm, but if you wish to explore the surrounding area, there are several large cities nearby that make for great day trips. The art galleries and cultural attractions of Hollywood, and the sights and sounds of South Beach in Miami can both be reached within 30 minutes by car.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.