Recognized as one of the fastest growing cities in Spain, Torrevieja has beautiful ancient architecture throughout the city center, an increasingly bustling nightlife scene, and miles of sandy white beaches everywhere you turn. Enjoy the busy bars and clubs along Calle Noruega, the charming and family friendly suburb of La Zenia, or the outdoor markets held every weekend in the city center.
While you're in Torrevieja, be sure to also make time for some of these must-see attractions and activities:
- Iglesia Arciprestal de la Inmaculada Concepcion: Built over 200 years ago, the church was built using stones from the original Old Tower.
- La Mata: Surrounded by old Roman docks, this chapel was built over 100 years ago and offers fantastic views of the area from the top of the tower.
- Aquapolis Water Park: Plenty of rides and games can be found at this popular water park, a great afternoon excursion for the whole family.
- Recinto de las Eras de las Sal: Once an ancient salt yard, this is now an open-air theatre that hosts the international Habaneras music competition each year.
- Enjoy the Outdoors: A wide range of outdoor and water sports option can be found here including tennis, golf and surfing.
- Go to the Beach: The beautiful beaches of Guardamar are the most popular place in the area to enjoy the great weather in the warmer months.
There will certainly be no shortage of things to do during your stay in town. The fiestas and local holidays in Torrevieja often serve as huge parties that can last for several days. Watch the elaborate costumes and parades during the multi-day festival of Carnival in February, enjoy the week-long Andalucian festivities of the May Fair in May, or head to the Parques de las Naciones for the orchestra and fireworks of the San Emigdio Festival in August.
There's a vacation rental available in Torrevieja that will put you near the top destinations in the area. Rent a villa near the old church and historical buildings of downtown or a spacious apartment surrounded by the shopping and dining options within Torrevieja. For a more relaxing pace, you could also rent a condo next to the sandy white beaches of Guardamar.
Torrevieja has plenty of charming sights and small-town appeal, but there are also several big cities nearby if you'd like to see other parts of the region. The bustling nightlife of Murcia and the cultural options of San Javier can both be reached within an hour by train or car.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.