- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
La Rondita is a fully-equipped holiday home suitable for families, groups or independent travellers. We are situated at the edge of a traditional Asturian village, close to local facilities and many outdoor activities. Located in the foothills of the Sierra del Sueve, La Rondita is equally close to the Picos de Europa National Park and the Costa Verde fishing villages and beaches.
Because of this location, La Rondita is ideal for either an active holiday or a relaxing break. In local Arriondas there are a number of activity centres offering horse-riding, quad-biking, paint-balling, archery and climbing. But the local speciality is canoeing ...Read more
Traditional Asturian house in tranquil setting
Arriondas, Asturias, Spain
Additional Location Information
Because of this location, La Rondita is ideal for either an active holiday or a relaxing break. In local Arriondas there are a number of activity centres offering horse-riding, quad-biking, paint-balling, archery and climbing. But the local speciality is canoeing down the River Sella, a glorious day out on the water with a picnic lunch,safety equipment and transport back included.
If walking is your passion, La Rondita offers a number of walks both long and short that can be undertaken directly from the house without needing to drive, plus others that are slightly further afield either in the mountains or on the coast.
Fuentes, where La Rondita is located, has a train station on the narrow gauge FEVE railway, linking between Santander and Oviedo.
Parking is available directly outside the house.
This coastline is also known as the Jurassic Coast and there many beaches offering actual dinosaur footprints, plus a visit to the Jurassic Museum of Asturias (MUJA) is a must for any dinosaur enthusiast.
Lunch is an essential part of Spanish life and stopping at one of the many Mesones (Inns) or Sidrerias (cider houses) in the area to try the amazing value Menu del Dia (set meal of the day - 3 courses with choices) is highly recommended. Also, La Rondita is fortunate to be located extremely close to 2 of the 4 Michelin -starred restaurants in Asturias: Casa Marcial (2 stars) and El Corral del Indianu (1 star). Gastronomy is a key feature of this area.
You can walk to beaches next to the River Sella (5 min.) for swimming and sunbathing; you don´t even have to get in the car to go to the beach.
Recommended local places to visit:
1. Ribadesella - pretty nearby coastal town with fishing port and beach,
2. Cangas de Onis - gateway to the Picos de Europa, popular tourist town, weekly Farmers Market,
3. Covadonga - religious shrine dedicated to Our Lady set in a grotto in the Picos de Europa, incredible mountainside Basilica plus also spectacular natural lakes set up in the mountains - great for walking!,
4. Picu Pienzu - our local 'biggie...this mountain is 1268m tall and offers breathtaking views across the Sierra del Sueve in the directions of both the Picos and the coast,
5. The Cares Gorge (the classic Picos walk),
6. Incredible beaches, both wide and open, fantastic for surfing or small and cove-like, good for sheltered swimming and rock-pooling,
7. Oviedo, the capital of Asturias is 45 minutes drive away, small, clean and full of culture, curiosities and shopping!
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Nearest airport: Asturias, 60 miles
Nearest ferry port: Gijón, Santander, 50 miles
Nearest train station: Fuentes, 0.1 miles
Car is not necessary
Last updated on February 17, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 1 other Arriondas rentalsCheck Availability for Arriondas
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- High chair
- Central heating
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
- Short breaks allowed (1-4 days)
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no