Browse all regions in Brazil
Brazil is a country that will challenge your imagination in every possible way. Its culture represents an extraordinary collision of African, Spanish, Portuguese, and Asian influences. Its culinary traditions represent the best offerings of a bountiful ocean and diverse ranches and farmland. And its landscape, from the jagged mountains of Minas Gerais, to the coral reefs of Curitiba, to the dizzying biodiversity of the rainforest and the urban bustle of Sao Paulo, is a boundless celebration of life. While you are here, see the capybaras, storks, and leopards that occupy the marshy endless ranchland of Campo Grande, experience the glamorous beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana, or snorkel with sea turtles in Fortaleza. No matter what you decide to do or where you decide to spend your time in Brazil, you will not be disappointed.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Rio de Janeiro: Take a cable car up to the peak of Sugar Loaf Mountain or stand at the foot of Christ the Redeemer, the iconic statue of Christ with extended arms that may be one of the most recognizable works of art in the world.
- Salvador: Spend your time here strolling the historic neighborhood of Pelourinho or watching capoeira players flip and dance in the streets. Don't leave without buying an acaraje from a vendor's stand.
- Parana: Visit the Foz do Iguacu and stand at the top of the second largest waterfall system in the world. These breathtaking falls are located on the intersecting borders of three countries.
- Manaus: Travel to the city that lies in the heart of the Amazon rain forest. Depart from here by boat to explore the jungles surrounding the Amazon River and the Rio Negro.
- Buzios and Curitiba: Some of the coastal towns in the states of Parana and Rio de Janeiro offer the closest and most exciting encounters with humpback whales that you will find anywhere in the world.
- Ouro Preto: Visit this historic town in the mountains of Minas Gerais. This state is home to famous jewel mines and has made some extraordinary contributions to the history of Brazil. Come here to explore the museums and hear the stories.
No matter what time of year you schedule your visit, you'll find the perfect vacation rental that offers everything you're looking for. It's easy to find a place to stay in any urban area of Brazil. Or, if you'd like to head to more remote areas, you can still reserve ideal accommodations. Find a secluded cabin in the mountains near Ouro Preto, a villa beside the ocean in Porto Seguro, or an elegant condo in the heart of Salvador.