Browse all regions in India
India is a country packed with culture, history, delicious cuisine, and great entertainment options to satisfy every traveler who heads there. Its surroundings are spectacular and matched only by its many majestic sights. It is a spiritual country that is home to many breathtaking temples, monuments, and palaces. The Golden Triangle, which consists of the cities of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, is a very popular place to visit and experience all that India has to offer. The cosmopolitan cities of Mumbai and Kolkata are densely populated, resulting in a bustling atmosphere full of local color. If you are looking for great beaches and ocean vistas, head to the tropical surroundings of Goa or Kerala. If you are searching for mountains, serene forests, and sparkling streams, nothing beats a trip to the awe-inspiring Himalayas.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in India:
- Taj Mahal: This World Heritage site is celebrated for its amazing architecture and aesthetics. It was created as a symbol to demonstrate the Shah Jehan's everlasting love for his beloved wife, Queen Mumtaz Mahal who died in childbirth.
- Corbett National Park: Formerly known as Hailey National Park and Ramganga, this park is India's first wildlife reserve. It is situated at the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains and was created to honor Jim Corbett, a legendary conservationist who was a former hunter of tigers and leopards.
- Khajuraho Temples: These temples, built centuries ago by the kings of Chandela, are a celebration of life and love and are known for their ornamental carvings. There were originally 85 structures created however only 20 remain intact.
- Ganges River: Named after the Hindu goddess Ganga, this body of water runs between India and Bangladesh. It is a religious site, a popular means for transport, and a place where water sports, such as white water rafting, are enjoyed as well.
- Ajanta Caves: Situated in the city of Maharashtra, these caves contain a number of carved monuments, paintings, and sculptures. They are estimated to date back to the year 200 BCE.
- The Himalayas: This massive mountain range extends across India's northern frontier, spanning five states west to east: Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, and Arunachal Pradesh. This chain inspires the country's residents and has been the sight of many religious pilgrims.
A vacation rental in India puts you in the center of this vibrant country while providing you with a home away from home that is comfortable and stocked with all of the modern amenities you desire. Many newlyweds choose to stay in a vacation rental during their honeymoon in India so that they can experience all of the exotic beauty, culture, and sights the area has to offer.