The charming towns and hill countryside of the Cotswolds region have made it one of the most appealing destinations in the United Kingdom. The beautiful valleys and natural scenery, vast estates and historical houses, and thriving arts scene ensure you'll have both a relaxing and entertaining trip.
Head to the big city shops and attractions of Gloucester, the country retreats of Adlestrop and Broadway, or the colonial mansions throughout the region. Each town and village has its own unique charm and attractions, ensuring that there is something to do no matter where you visit.
While you're in Cotswolds, save some time for these major attractions and destinations:
- Chastleton Houses: One of the finest Jacobean houses in the world, the furniture and architecture are almost 400 years old and remain perfectly intact.
- Cotswolds Water Park: Consisting of 133 lakes, Great Britain's largest water park has plenty of games and activities to enjoy.
- Farmer's Market: The weekly market in Stroud is full of artwork made from local artists throughout the region, homegrown produce, and the latest fashion from designers throughout Great Britain.
- Cotswolds Wildlife Park: Several hundred species roam freely here, most of which are native to Great Britain.
- Bourton-on-the-Water: This village at the Northern end of Cotswold is home to much of the scenery that the region is famous for.
- Five Valleys: The five valleys around Stroud offer panoramic views of the surrounding areas and are particularly beautiful during sunset.
No matter when you decide to visit, there's bound to be a wide range of events and festivals to take part in. Enjoy a weekend of exciting equestrian competition with some of the best riders in the country at the Great Tew Estate Horse Trials in June, shop for the vintage and handcrafted items at the Cotswolds Vintage Fair in November, or observe classic cars from as far as back as the 1920s at the Bredon Vintage and Classic Car Rally in September.
No matter what time of year you visit, you'll be able to find a luxury condo near all of the bustling shops and pubs of Cotswolds' big cities. Whether you want a cozy apartment with high-end amenities or a spacious villa located in the rolling countryside, there's a vacation rental available that will put you exactly where you want to be in the region.
If you have some extra time in the area, plan a day trip to the international metropolis of London, only a 45-minute car ride from Cotswold!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.