With a wide range of natural wildlife, some of the best restaurants in the Sarasota area, and lots of friendly locals, the town of Rotonda West is a perfect vacation destination to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
You'll find the majority of the shopping and dining options centered along Main Street, but there are plenty of unique stores on most streets throughout town and a beach entry almost everywhere you turn.
While you're in Rotonda West, be sure to make time for some of these must-see attractions and destinations:
- Go to the Beach: Rotonda West has many sandy white beaches that have made the area so well known, but Englewood beach is the most popular among the locals.
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall: Watch live music and theater performed by some of the emerging artists in the area.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens: The seven-acre compound is home to regular rotating exhibits of plants that are native to the area.
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates: Visit the completely preserved vacation homes of American legends Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Charlotte Harbor: Charter a boat for the afternoon, rent some fishing supplies, or just take in the beautiful sunset views.
- Catch a Pro Sports Game: Nearby Tampa is home to several professional teams including the Tampa Bay Rays (MLB) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL).
With events ranging from guided nature walks to Shakespeare performances, there's no shortage of things to do in Rotonda West. The biggest annual festival in the area is the Big Blast Outdoor Recreational Festival in April, with a variety of food stands, games and recreational activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Choose a villa right next to the beaches and parks, or opt to be nearer to the great shopping and five-star restaurants in the area for your stay in Rotonda West. There are vacation rentals available all throughout town, so you can decide what attractions you'd like to be closest to during your getaway.
Rotonda West has plenty of small-town charm, but there are several big cities nearby that make for great day trips. Visit the galleries and thriving arts scene in Sarasota, just an hour away by car, or head two hours north for the bustling nightlife and professional sports teams in Tampa.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.