LA SERENA: THE BEST for COMFORT and WARM HOSPITALITY
La Serena is a Country Guest House located in Umbria, the "Green Heart" of Italy. Your luxury home from home with exceptional accommodation, delicious food (breakfast and dinner are available on request) prepared by Chef Derek and reliable modern amenities, including disabled access - all in beautiful, peaceful rural surroundings.
Whatever your age, 0-99!!, your ideal holiday starts at La Serena, where we offer luxurious, comfortable accommodation and a real commitment to fulfilling the desires of our guests.
You will be warmly welcomed by Derek & Steph who will help you maximize the enjoyment of your holiday, providing you with a choice of itineraries to follow yourselves, escorted walking and driving tours, accompanied local food & wine tours, outings to local festivals, help with Italian language and making arrangements e.g. restaurant bookings.
So, whether you prefer to chill out or take off for exciting excursions, La Serena provides a perfect starting point and we are pleased to offer free advice on how to make the most of your time. Trust in our many years of experience, and let us help you with your plans! It's an approach that has worked for our numerous regular guests who return again and again.
GUEST ACCOMMODATION and FACILITIES
* Large heated swimming pool with easy access steps
* Large professional kitchen
* Free wireless broadband internet
* Huge terrace with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside and hills
* Guest libraries on the upper floor, an extensive range of books, DVD's, board games, playing cards
* Comfortable seating areas for relaxation or researching our extensive selection of tourist and activity information
* Large dining room with complimentary hot & cold drinks, fridge and microwave oven
* Various garden seating areas (sunny & shaded), gazebo, barbecue and picnic area, sunbeds, chairs & tables
* Lounge with satellite TV and Nintendo Wii
* Use of Mountain bikes
For a delightful and relaxing stay, La Serena offers a choice of guest suites and 3 standard rooms, professionally designed for your comfort, each in their own relaxing colour scheme, private bath/shower room and a balcony or terrace
The 3 guest suites also include comfortable seating area with coffee table, ceiling fans and larger balconies or terrace.
All rooms are finished to a very high standard and include;
• tea/coffee making facilities
• bathroom towels, bathrobes and swimming towels
• complimentary toiletries
A cot and/or extra bed can be provided in the large guest suites by prior arrangement. Most rooms are available as double or twin rooms.
In addition to the luxury amenities and holiday planning service included in your holiday price, we also offer additional services (some chargeable) to make your holiday experience complete.
Our additional services include:
• Three-course dinner (including all drinks)
• Laundry service
• Holiday Planning service (tailored itineraries, bookings etc.)
• Transfers to/from Perugia Airport
• Transfers to/from Perugia or Chiusi train stations
• Escorted trips with Driver
• Massage, beauty & other holistic treatments at La Serena
• Cheese, wine, olive oil and cured meat tastings
• Flowers/fruit bowls/Prosecco/chocolates when pre-booked
• Packed lunch for day trips
Whether you're looking for relaxation or adventure, La Serena is an ideal base for your Italian holiday outings or for sightseeing trips in the region. You'll also find all the peace and quiet you need to escape from the stresses and strains of normal life.
La Serena is ideally located between the historic and vibrant provincial capital city of Perugia and Lake Trasimeno (the blue heart of green Umbria) close to the border between Umbria and Tuscany.
Lago Trasimeno, Perugia , lots of other mediaeval cities, towns and villages (like Deruta, famous for Majolica pottery) with their many and varied museums and churches, animal and water parks, wine trails, local markets, countryside walks, plus numerous local festivals, exhibitions and displays.
Historic towns including Assisi, Siena, Orvieto, Spoleto, etc.
Famous cities like Florence, Pisa, Rome, plus both the Adriatic and Mediterranean coasts. Beautiful mountain parks and scenic rivers, including the Tiber and the Nera
For the more active, young or young-at-heart why not try walking/hiking, cycling, sailing, rafting, wind-surfing, climbing, horse riding.
SPECIAL CREATIVE & ACTIVITY HOLIDAYS
Why not indulge your hobby or try out a new skill. At La Serena we have devised a series of special creative & activity holidays, all led by experts in their field to give you a fulfilling and fun holiday. Ask us about the dates and details
Our Special holidays cover;
• Food & Wine Baking, Cooking, Olive Picking
• Well-Being Yoga
• Sewing Dressmaking, Soft furnishingsTripAdvisor property ID 1932624...Read more
Villa holiday rental in Italy - Villa La Serena Perugia, Umbria, Italy
Additional Location Information
Villa La Serena in Italy is set amidst fields of golden sunflowers with views across rolling Umbrian hills, the "green Heart" of Italy. The large villa, sits in extensive gardens with a large swimming pool and has been carefully designed as your luxury home from home with exceptional accommodation and reliable modern amenities, including disabled access, professional kitchen and each bedroom has en-suite bathroom facilities'
For a relaxing self-catering holiday in the villa, La Serena is the perfect base for visiting cultural and spiritual places of interest and for immersing yourself in the rich history of the surrounding medieval cities of Perugia, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto.
More About This Location
Lake nearby, Mountain nearby, Rural retreats, Waterfront
Nearest train station: Chiusi, 15 miles Nearest airport: Perugia, 15 miles Car is recommended
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.