Featured Ellicottville Properties
6 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 22Details
- Min stay varies
1 / 8
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 10
- Min stay varies
Known for its great ski slopes and charming small town feel, Ellicottville, NY is the perfect mountain escape. With your vacation rental nestled in the heart of western New York State, enjoy some of the best skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing in the northeast. Walk from your vacation rental to Holiday Valley, Ellicottville's favorite ski area. The area boasts 56 slopes and 13 lifts, with tubing opportunities and activities just for kids. Spend your days descending the slopes, then venture back to your rental at night and enjoy a cookout with family and friends. Though best known for its great skiing, Ellicottville transforms from a winter wonderland into a great place to hike, bike, and golf in the summer months.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in the area:
- Visit Griffis Sculpture Park: This park boasts over 250 unique statues along scenic paths, and provides guests a chance to enjoy art in a serene and peaceful setting. Perfect for nature enthusiasts, families, and those interested in the arts, the open air museum makes for a great day trip.
- Hike the trails: Many of the best hiking and mountain biking routes around Ellicottville connect to New York State forestland where there are miles of well-maintained trails and spectacular scenery.
- Play golf: During the summer, Ellicottville offers guests beautiful golf courses amidst rolling green hills and woodlands.
- Join the festivals: Be sure to visit downtown Ellicottville as the city hosts a number of events throughout the year, including the Christmas Stroll, Mardi Gras Parade & Winter Carnival, Taste of Ellicottville, Fall Festival, and more.
- Take a skydiving lesson: Beautiful countryside and mild weather make Ellicottville a popular place for first time skydivers. Experience a tandem or solo jump after taking lessons from a qualified instructor.
- Visit the Seneca Rail Museum: This rail museum in Salamanca is housed in a 1912 railway depot and exhibits photos, artifacts and videos from the golden age of railway travel.
Visitors from all over the U.S. travel to New York every year to rent a luxury winter condo and experience Ellicottville skiing and snowboarding. During the summer, a lakeside vacation rental can be the perfect place to relax in style and host your family and friends for an extended weekend getaway. If you're planning a visit to Ellicottville, save some time to explore the Finger Lakes, like Keuka and Seneca, which are just a short drive away.