- Funchal View all rentals (707)
- Arco da Calheta View all rentals (89)
- Canico View all rentals (16)
- Calheta View all rentals (278)
- Estreito da Calheta View all rentals (22)
- Ponta Do Sol View all rentals (48)
- Machico View all rentals (48)
- Ribeira Brava View all rentals (38)
- Faja da Ovelha View all rentals (16)
- Sao Martinho View all rentals (3)
- Ponta do Pargo View all rentals (32)
- Santa Cruz View all rentals (48)
- Prazeres View all rentals (40)
- Santana View all rentals (15)
- Porto da Cruz View all rentals (16)
Rentals Near Madeira Attractions
Featured Madeira Properties
3 BR / 6 BA / Sleeps 9Details
- 7 night min
1 / 33
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- Min stay varies
The Madeira Islands off the coast of Portugal offer a breathtaking and historic vacation destination. The tropical gardens, museums, and wineries are set against a backdrop of rugged coastal beauty, cascading waterfalls, and curious geological formations. There are endless sights here waiting to be explored, and the best way to see everything that the area offers is by staying in a Madeira vacation rental.
Wake up in your villa or condo and watch the sun rise over the pacific from your private balcony, then enjoy breakfast in your gourmet kitchen, an amenity that many vacation rentals offer. Play a round of Madeira golf in the morning and then spend an afternoon pampering yourself in one of several luxury Madeira spas or hiking along scenic inland trails to stunning ocean overlooks. Be sure to save some time to play on the beach, go windsurfing, and explore the local art galleries and historic sites as well. At the end of a day of adventures, head back to your home away from home and host dinner in your private vacation rental for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Monte Palace Tropical Gardens: These magnificent gardens surround the Chateau of Monte Palace in the hill town of Monte.
- Go horseback riding: Stables in the area offer guided trail rides through the mountains or the chance to gallop along the beach.
- Go hiking along the coast: Hike or bike the coastal trails through the nature preserve of Ponta De Sao Lourenco. These trails are also perfect places for bird watching and wildlife spotting.
- Visit Cathedral Se: This preserved historic cathedral offers beautiful architecture and a peaceful, ornate interior.
- Explore the Laurel Forest: This is one of the oldest island forest ecosystems in Europe and has been designated as a World Heritage Site.
- Go scuba diving and snorkeling: The reefs off the shores of Madeira are teeming with coral and a brilliant variety of marine life including colorful fish and sea turtles.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in the Madeira Islands, and by the time you leave you may already be planning your return visit. While you're visiting Madeira, consider extending your visit to include a trip to the beautiful city of Lisbon.