Rentals Near Pismo Beach Attractions
Featured Pismo Beach Properties
About Pismo Beach
Known for its great beaches, beautiful monarch butterflies, and Pismo clams, Pismo Beach, CA and its neighboring sister beach, Shell Beach, present the perfect spots for your vacation rental escape. Known as "Classic California," Pismo is surrounded by pristine beaches, the vast blue Pacific, and great downtown shopping and dining.
Watch the sunset over the valley from you bedroom's balcony in your very own rental home, then take a stroll to the beach to sun, surf, pier fish, or simply relax. With a number of great golf clubs to choose from, the links have never been more enjoyable and club storage never easier with plenty of open space inside your home. Explore downtown Pismo Beach, where you'll find a wide selection of dining opportunities. Pismo is famous for its Pismo Clams, one of the largest types of clams found along California's coast. Spend a day with the locals clamming, and then enjoy your catch in your rental at night.
Here are a few additional suggestions to consider as you make your plans:
- Explore the Avila Hot Springs: The hot springs are a unique mix of hot mineral pools, waterslides, spa treatments and a heated swimming pool that are open year round. These springs are cooled naturally by the oak-covered foothill and the Pacific's breeze that surrounds them, and they provide a fun environment for children and adults alike.
- See the Pismo Beach Monarch Butterfly Grove: Explore the site where tens of thousands of Monarch butterflies escape to seek shelter from the winter. Learn about the history of the Monarch butterfly, and see for yourself why the trees of Pismo Beach have been dubbed "Butterfly Trees" from late October through February.
- Explore the dunes: The protected dunes at Pismo beach are recognized as part of the most extensive coastal dune ecosystem remaining in California.
- Take a winery tour: There are more than 20 award winning local wineries within easy reach of downtown Pismo Beach. Spend an afternoon tasting and touring some of the finest vineyards in the state.
- Wander the farmers market: The year-round farmer's market in Pismo Beach is a great place to purchase fresh produce, crafts, and more.
- Take a whale watching tour: Depending on the season, a guided boat trip can be an unforgettable way to have a close encounter with the elusive humpbacks and grey whales.
There's no better way to experience Pismo Beach than by finding a condo within easy reach of your favorite activities. Choose a condo rental downtown in the heart of the shopping areas and nightlife, or search for a house rental close to hiking and biking trails with breathtaking ocean overlooks.
If you intend to spend most of your days boating, swimming, fishing, and surfing the waves, you can easily find a perfect luxury vacation rental within a few steps of the beach. While you're here, you may want to take a short trip south along Highway 101 to explore nearby Grover Beach or Arroyo Grande.